Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Cantina.

How is everyone? I'm working on a short story about a girl whose kidnapped by some sort of creature. Don't know what yet, only that I want it to be a creature. Maybe a Gorgon?

It's only the begining. I haven't outlined it since I'm a pantser when it comes to flash fiction and short stories. At least with my fanfiction I am. As my various one-shots attest to.

This is kind of an experiment to see if I can do the same with original fiction. I'm hoping it goes well.

How would a Gorgon prevent the girl being turned to stone? (Maybe by wearing a mask in her presence?) What would be the motive for kidnapping her? - a wish for companionship or maybe even love... Hmmm, the way you take this could be interesting...

My first published non-reprint short in four years appeared yesterday, so that's nice.

Time for :Coffee:.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning hounds :sword

Well done Eye.

Now Spring is here I think I'm getting into a more consistent frame of mind. Being ill kind of sent me off course and for the past few weeks I've been more like this

over-enthusiastic-kermit.gif

than like this

:e2BIC:

:Coffee:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Did you ever look at everything you needed / wanted to do and decide that actually you don't want to do any of it?

*Watches enthusiasm evaporate*

Last edited:

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
Did you ever look at everything you needed / wanted to do and decide that actually you don't want to do any of it?

*Watches enthusiasm evaporate*

Yup. I haven't had my morning tea yet, so we'll see what happens today. This is kinda why I ended up starting my short story in the first place. Little fiddly things have to be done for my different projects that aren't writeable to me yet. I looked through them and said, "Nope, nuh uh! Not doing that. Maybe tomorrow."

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
So tell me.... Using old washing machines, junk cars and Radio Shack electronics, plus the brains of rabid kitties, I have created this army of giant killer robots. Would sending them to Washington DC to express my opinion of recent domestic policy decisions seem too aggressive?

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
So tell me.... Using old washing machines, junk cars and Radio Shack electronics, plus the brains of rabid kitties, I have created this army of giant killer robots. Would sending them to Washington DC to express my opinion of recent domestic policy decisions seem too aggressive?

Maybe...but maybe it could get things done that way. Can I borrow them so they can work on the gay marriage issue after you're done with them? Deeply religious catholic countries have it when we don't. There's something strang with this picture.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Good morning, Cantina.

How would a Gorgon prevent the girl being turned to stone? (Maybe by wearing a mask in her presence?) What would be the motive for kidnapping her? - a wish for companionship or maybe even love... Hmmm, the way you take this could be interesting...

My first published non-reprint short in four years appeared yesterday, so that's nice.

Time for :Coffee:.

Accidental death by Gorgon lover! Maybe the Gorgon opens her eyes during a kiss and she gets turned to stone. Stone Garden of previous lovers as foreshadowing? The endless possibilities. Now, how to not turn it into a novellete. Though I could, I want it to be a short story.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe...but maybe it could get things done that way. Can I borrow them so they can work on the gay marriage issue after you're done with them? Deeply religious catholic countries have it when we don't. There's something strang with this picture.

I was planning to express my opinions on gay marriage, as well as health care and strategies for economic recovery.

We should work together. Do you have a stockpile of rabid cats? Good brains are darned hard to come by.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I was planning to express my opinions on gay marriage, as well as health care and strategies for economic recovery.

We should work together. Do you have a stockpile of rabid cats? Good brains are darned hard to come by.

*drags plastic crate of brains over to Jallenecs* You think this is enough? Seriously though, religious countries like Argentina have gay marriage. What's holding us back? At the very least we should have national civil partnerships or something of the sort. Provide same-sex families a little protection at the national level. That's what the UK did before they had national gay marriage, and I think it is a reasonable stepping stone.

Last edited:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
*drags plastic crate of brains over to Jallenecs* You think this is enough? Seriously though, religious countries like Argentina have gay marriage. What's holding us back? At the very least we should have national civil partnerships or something of the sort. Provide same-sex families a little protection at the national level. That's what the UK did before they had national gay marriage, and I think it is a reasonable stepping stone.

Hey, you're preaching to the choir here. But we'd better drop the political discussion before the Moderators send their flying ninja monkeys after us.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hey, you're preaching to the choir here. But we'd better drop the political discussion before the Moderators send their flying ninja monkeys after us.

Yup! We can talk about ways to get me to finish my short story. How's turning off the internet on my Nook sound? I'm considering also loosing my net password for a couple hours.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I was actually thinking about other monsters that have fallen by the wayside the other day. Gorgons came to mind. I was actually considering a horror/romance where a gorgon (sans snake-hair) actually portrays herself as a regular person via the internet. (Making her stone-eyes only an in-person effect). She can actually see, speak, and interact with people, even though she can never actually meet them. Imagine the joy of such a creature to finally be able to connect with someone, but the sadness and frustration of being so close but still not being able to feel the contact.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
That would be tragic Shaun. Now I'm making a list of little used creatures in fiction. I haven't seen many lamia, naga, or furies in fiction. Oh the possibilities are endless!

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning folks. It's the end of my week's leave today. Back to the day job on Monday. :cry: *sobs into handkerchief*

I was up past 1am last night. At my age you can really only do that if you're not going to work the next day. I'm not a late-night person at the best of times.

Oh well, :Coffee: would be a good start.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Glad you're feeling better, Ali!

Thanks Eye, and good luck with thos stories Lillibeth.

I went for a walk down town, a minor miracle in itself. On the way home I discovered a newly-opened second hand bookshop called Fahrenheit books. I like them already, although how I'm going to have any spare money at all now is beyond me.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks Eye, and good luck with thos stories Lillibeth.

I went for a walk down town, a minor miracle in itself. On the way home I discovered a newly-opened second hand bookshop called Fahrenheit books. I like them already, although how I'm going to have any spare money at all now is beyond me.

Thanks Aliwood!

And you won't have any spare money I suspect, but you will be a happy book worm and that's what matters. *eyes Carmilla speculativly*

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys! I got my birthday presents early! Two new skirts, a new blouse, and a new pair of shoes (we're not going to mention the buttload of books I ordered without letting my hubs know. We're NOT going to mention it, right? Right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.