Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
I couldn't find any post like this when searching. My apologies if this has already been done.

These are the editor blogs I know of:

Lou Anders

The Buried Editor

Editorial Anonymous

Editorial Ass

Evil Editor

Anna Louise Genoese

Cheryl Klein

Pat McNees

John Robert Marlow

Patrick & Teresa Nielsen Hayden (plus some guest bloggers)

The Pin

Lynn Price

Query Quagmire

Redlines and Deadlines (Mackenzie Walton, Mary Altman, Meghan Miller, Nick Conrad, Raelene Gorlinsky, Briana St. James, Donna Hoard and Helen Woodall)

Ray Rhamey

Last edited:

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Jamie. This is worth stickying. If anyone comes upon other editor blogs, please add to the list.

skink

bien dans ma peau
Registered
Reaction score
I recommend these Australian sites:

slushpilehell.tumblr.com

callmyagent.blogspot.com.au

queryshark.blogspot.com.au

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
I recommend these Australian sites:

slushpilehell.tumblr.com

callmyagent.blogspot.com.au

queryshark.blogspot.com.au

These look excellent, but unfortunately they are agent blogs, and this list is for editor blogs. I would encourage you to submit them to the other list.

Unfortunately, this appears to be a promotional blog rather than an editor blog. If I am mistaken, please point me to where I can see that it is an editor blog.

BubbleCow

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bubblecow.net
Sorry I am a little confused... Why is our blog classed as 'promotional'? We are editors providing tips for writers? Are not all blogs essentially promotional? Surely a post asking for copy editors must class us as an editor blog :)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
The difference is that as far as I'm aware, the other blogs all belong to people who work as editors at publishing houses, and not to people who offer editorial services in exchange for a fee. Linking to your website in this context could be seen as touting for business, and as such is not allowed here at AW.

JWNelson

JWNelson
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jwnelson.net
I couldn't find any post like this when searching. My apologies if this has already been done.

These are the editor blogs I know of:
Lou Anders
The Buried Editor
Buried Editor's last post was Nov 2012
  • Children's books
  • Editorial ass last blog post was August 2011
  • Doesn't appear to be an editor and non-fiction topics only -- query help
  • Couldn't find editing here. More of an agent's site where she comments on queries.
Redlines and Deadlines (Mackenzie Walton, Mary Altman, Meghan Miller, Nick Conrad, Raelene Gorlinsky, Briana St. James, Donna Hoard and Helen Woodall)
"Preditors and Editors" is also worth a look as they list many editing services and comment on them: http://pred-ed.com/peesla.htm

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
I think to have a list like this is a great idea, but are we just looking for blogs run by editors or is it to find quality editors? I looked at Evil Editor for example, then clicked over to her site Hannah Rogers Literary Agency. It says it's new. I clicked on their books. Just by the covers I wouldn't bother.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I edit professionally. My blog is http://lichencraig.blogspot.com I try to post a lot of articles with tips for all writing levels. It's pretty popular with writers. :)

What commercial publishers have you edited for?

It's been a while since Sloane was here but I just had a look at that blog and it's full of errors. Gah.

I think to have a list like this is a great idea, but are we just looking for blogs run by editors or is it to find quality editors? I looked at Evil Editor for example, then clicked over to her site Hannah Rogers Literary Agency. It says it's new. I clicked on their books. Just by the covers I wouldn't bother.

Editors don't always control the covers their authors' books are given. And I think the Hannah Rogers agency is a satire. Not sure, do check, etc.

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
And I think the Hannah Rogers agency is a satire. Not sure, do check, etc.

Definitely a satire site. From the Submissions page:

Send only your first sentence. After I read your sentence, I might write back saying "Send me the rest of your novel!" So make it a good sentence. If your first sentence isn't good, send a better sentence. If none of your sentences is good, send a sentence from someone else's book.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
I guess the books must be too then, right? Honestly, with so much crap out there today and instant I'll-just-slap-up-a-website-and-be-an-agent! or publisher it's hard to tell. I didn't bother to read the submission page.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Tell us more about yourself, BHEditing. Where have you worked? Who was your mentor? What training have you had as an editor, what books have you worked on, what's your favourite style guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.