The NFL 2012 Season

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Guess how I'm feeling after watching the Monday Night game?

:hooray:would be about right!

And welcome back, Brian!

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Tampa Bay is making a nice come back from the hole they dug themselves into this season. Three straight games with Freeman throwing for over three hundred yards and Vincent Jackson is finally shining as their number one receiver.

Also, the Redskins vs Steelers game should be good. It'll be a big test for RG3. It's hard to say who'll win.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
The Steelers are a good home team and this is a home game for them. Though if it was in DC instead, yeah, I'd pick the Redskins without thinking twice.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
The Steelers are a good home team and this is a home game for them. Though if it was in DC instead, yeah, I'd pick the Redskins without thinking twice.

It will be a tough game even at home. It's funny, last night I was watching A Football Life (Eddie Debartolo) and I was thinking about this season and which teams I would be shocked not to see in the hunt come December. I'll be honest and say that this year, no, if the Steelers are not in the hunt it would not surprise me that much. Teams that I expect to be still in the running come finale time: Ravens, Giants, Niners, Texans, Bears, Falcons, who else?

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
It will be a tough game even at home. It's funny, last night I was watching A Football Life (Eddie Debartolo) and I was thinking about this season and which teams I would be shocked not to see in the hunt come December. I'll be honest and say that this year, no, if the Steelers are not in the hunt it would not surprise me that much. Teams that I expect to be still in the running come finale time: Ravens, Giants, Niners, Texans, Bears, Falcons, who else?
I'd add the Packers to that list. They seemed to have fixed whatever issues they had and have beaten both the Bears and 49ers. Beat the 49ers quite badly, actually.

And while I don't expect it, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Seahawks and Broncos hang in there to get to the second round of the playoffs or further.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I'd add the Packers to that list. They seemed to have fixed whatever issues they had and have beaten both the Bears and 49ers. Beat the 49ers quite badly, actually.

And while I don't expect it, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Seahawks and Broncos hang in there to get to the second round of the playoffs or further.

Definitely, the Packers, and gotta add the Pats as well. Hard to see how they don't end up at the top of the AFC East.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
What will be interesting with the Skin's / Steeler's game is if the Skins will be able to run the ball with Morris. Steeler's have a very good defense against the run and a very good home record.

RGIII is good and he will get better as the seasons pass, but he still needs bonafide receivers to catch the ball and gain yards after the catch. He will also need the offense line to protect him from having to scramble so much.

Steeler's and Skin's have a long history against each other, so this should be a good game, win, lose, or draw...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
What will be interesting with the Skin's / Steeler's game is if the Skins will be able to run the ball with Morris. Steeler's have a very good defense against the run and a very good home record.

RGIII is good and he will get better as the seasons pass, but he still needs bonafide receivers to catch the ball and gain yards after the catch. He will also need the offense line to protect him from having to scramble so much.

Steeler's and Skin's have a long history against each other, so this should be a good game, win, lose, or draw...

They do have a history. But does that mean the Steelers have to dress like it's still 1934?!

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...-uniforms-are-creating-quite-the-buzz-659370/

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I thought the Redskins vs Steelers game was going to be good but it's become a blowout. Once again, the Redskins defense are letting them down. Steelers get the ball and take up a ton of time and cap off the drive with a touchdown or field goal each time, leaving little time and plenty of pressure on the Redskins' offense.

A couple other big blowouts going on, Falcons easily beating the Eagles and the Dolphins are walking all over the Jets.

And oddly enough, it seems like the best game turned out to be the Jaguars vs the Packers. For this one game, the Jaguars are really trying their damnedest.

Seems like the best game is turning about to be Jaguars vs Packers.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I loved those Steelers' uniforms! Hubby thought the 'skins' uniforms reminded him of Ronald McDonald and the Steelers' looked like the Hamburgler. Ha.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the Da Bears...

Skins fans need the Cowgirls to loose. We want the Cowgirls off balance when we meet them for the first time on Thanksgiving. So, Go Giants...

The Eagles lost big time today too so the NFC east looks to be owned by the Giants, but I think the Skins can take the Eagles.

As to my Skins, RGIII is a young but mature QB. He has a lot more years ahead of him if he is not injured. He brings me hope that I will see more wins than losses in the near future.

Next years draft/free agency for the Skins...toss up between do we draft/trade/sign speedy receivers or big-speedy safety's? I think we need a bit of both. Pass defense is the main reason for at least two of the Skins losses

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
For the Skins, too many dropped balls and Morris can't run against the Steelers defense.

You called that shot. RGIII did all he could do. As fast as he is, he can't throw the ball and catch it too! I think what impresses me most about him is his poise for a rookie QB. I agree, this guy could be something special. Containing him was what I was worried about going into that game.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Hoping all you guys on the East Coast, Lavern, Shadow Dragon, thothguard51, Jersey Chick, etc, will be okay over the next few days. Thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Thankfully I'm in the western part of Maryland and in a mountainous area that protects us a bit from storms. Still got plenty of rain and wind, but nothing like what the people closer to the coast or farther up it got.