XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Okay so people I am back *runs in* *falls over*

Where have I been, you ask? As well you might! Well first I got super-busy at work and then I got married and then I got married AGAIN (legally, this time) and then I got super-ill and noooooowwwwwwww I am kinda better and also free and the end.

I'm not even going to ask what I missed because the list will be too long, but dudes I missed you guys!

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Well, yes, I was thinking this, too.

Not sure how it would work, and it would probably have to just be images of squids on the coins, but still...

:idea:
I just have this image of someone buying a DVD and in exchange pulling an Octopus out of a sack and slapping it down on the counter.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure how it would work, and it would probably have to just be images of squids on the coins, but still...

Did the Romans have a bull (for Mithras) on some of their coinage, or is that just my wishful thinking? Anyways, animals have been used on coins a lot over the centuries... :)

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Come on, be honest.

You've been ditching us for cheesy American TV.

:cool:

NO NO NO well maybe a bit BUT I was literally laid up in bed unable to do anything but click through to the next episode of CSI Miami and laugh at Horatio's sunglasses.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did the Romans have a bull (for Mithras) on some of their coinage, or is that just my wishful thinking? Anyways, animals have been used on coins a lot over the centuries... :)

Yes, they did. And I want to say there have been squids, but I am still picturing something a little more... animated.

:D

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Okay so people I am back *runs in* *falls over*

Where have I been, you ask? As well you might! Well first I got super-busy at work and then I got married and then I got married AGAIN (legally, this time) and then I got super-ill and noooooowwwwwwww I am kinda better and also free and the end.

I'm not even going to ask what I missed because the list will be too long, but dudes I missed you guys!

Psy-... *stares*

YOU'RE BACK!!!

*tackle hugs*

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
My currency involves dolphins, birds, bears and turtles. Does that help?

I'm currently re-watching the second season of Avatar: The Last Airbender with lil sis. We're both charmed. :)

Psychotic.Pink

Registered
Reaction score
Well, yes, I was thinking this, too.

:idea:

So the British would have Hydra coins? :D *is far too addicted to superhero stuff as well*

I'm far too tempted to blather out info I've heard about the next Captain America. It sounds so awesome, given what I've read up on his nemesis in the next movie. ^^

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto! :e2grouphu

Oh and I'm not sure if you were around for this, but I had my baby. :)

So how are you Psycho?
Yaaay! Congratulations! :D

I'm...okay. Getting better. I have something wrong with my liver, probably caused by a medication I was taking. It seems to be improving but it made me SUPER ill for a while there!

Psy-... *stares*

YOU'RE BACK!!!

*tackle hugs*
*hugs back* *gets squashed* :D

Hi Psycho!! :D Nice to meet you.

----
Nice to meet you too!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Yaaay! Congratulations! :D

I'm...okay. Getting better. I have something wrong with my liver, probably caused by a medication I was taking. It seems to be improving but it made me SUPER ill for a while there!!

:dire: You poor thing.

Well we're glad you're back. :)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
So I hear what sounds like the cry of a hawk very very close to the house. It's not *quite* right, but hey, usually they're way up in the air...

I go outside and look for where the sound is coming from... and see a mockingbird.

Cheeky little thing.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I read those books, and they were what eventually led me into reading Sherlock Holmes.

icon_detective.gif

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I'm as of yet undecided on GoT. It is very good, and I think the acting is superb, and the plot plays with your emotions like nothing on earth. It's also fascinating, cause you can never tell how things are going to end up. But I find it really hard to get over the way it portrays women. I understand that misogyny was institutionalised back then, and they're trying for an accurate portrayal in this instance, but... it still makes it hard for me to barrack for the male MCs when they're such dickheads.

And the plot has the habit of killing off any MCs who aren't dickheads. So I'm still undecided.

I can't disagree with that. But then I seem to like shades-of-grey characters. I've had people say that they don't find many of the characters in my own fiction sympathetic or not entirely so. (I mentioned The Slap, and that had very few likeable characters in it.)

On the other hand, the women (and girls) are often among a lot of people's favouraite characters. Arya especially so- That said, we've almost socially encoded to favour the tomboy over the girly girl (her older sister Sansa). And I always liked Brienne of Tarth, though she does go through a lot (no spoilers).

If you have read beyond the two novels that have been adapted so far, I won't spoil it for you, but characters will get killed off earlier than you might think. I'm currently halfway through A Dance with Dragons.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
BW, why on earth are you awake for 20 hours a day? That sounds kind of :dire:

10s, it took me forever to figure out what emmer-eff meant, but why the effing effing eff did the surgeon keep going after seeing that the anesthesia didn't work? If that were over here, he wouldn't have a license. Was he nuts? Was he secretly the villain of an epic fantasy? Did he not believe you?

Status
Not open for further replies.