Scorpion

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
The show is still pure cheese, but I like it.

I'm starting to wish they'd try a little harder, though. I'll forgive silliness in a pilot because it's a pilot. They want it to look spectacular, so they call an airplane in mid-flight and tell it to fly 8 feet off the ground while driving a Ferrari beneath it at 200+ mph instead of telling the plane to land, which would accomplish the same goal. It's flash over substance, etc. etc. etc.

But we're a few episodes in, now. They need more than zip-lines, jailbreaks for which no one ever gets arrested, and the gov't agent suddenly becoming Deus ex Machina.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
The show is still pure cheese, but I like it.

I'm starting to wish they'd try a little harder, though. I'll forgive silliness in a pilot because it's a pilot. They want it to look spectacular, so they call an airplane in mid-flight and tell it to fly 8 feet off the ground while driving a Ferrari beneath it at 200+ mph instead of telling the plane to land, which would accomplish the same goal. It's flash over substance, etc. etc. etc.

But we're a few episodes in, now. They need more than zip-lines, jailbreaks for which no one ever gets arrested, and the gov't agent suddenly becoming Deus ex Machina.

Totally agree!

I'm still watching but I'm starting to get a little irritated with the main character and his arrogance.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Did it occur to anyone who watched it last night that the bad guy had all the makings of a super villian?

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
This show irritated me to another channel faster than did The Following. Which is too bad, because--as was the case for The Following--I really like the cast and I really like the premise.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
My kids love the show. I'm still rather "meh" about it. I caught enough of the dialogue about the nuclear power plant to be rolling my eyes though.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
The science of technology here is... pathetic, really. I'm still finding myself liking the interplay of the characters. But it's getting formulaic.

I'm slipping away slowly at this point. Too bad.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also starting to get annoyed with the Irish O'Brien kid, who apparently stayed in Ireland long enough to go to school with his sister, having zero trace of an accent at all.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
I kind of liked this weeks episode. Still watching for now.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still in. It's my, "Everything will end up happy" show.