Paris Hotels Between 1973-1988?

la-gamine

Child at Heart.
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Paris hotels that existed between 1973-1988? Preferably something on the East end and/or mid-range class?

Thank you!

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
If you want specifics, check local libraries (especially university) and see if they have access to the ProQuest searchable online version of the New York Times. You may have to go there in person to use their databases, but if you are a student or library patron (or know one and can borrow their login details) you can do it from your home computer.

Once you're in the database, you can search "Paris hotels" and limit the dates to the ones you're interested in. You'll get a bunch of hits, including articles from the travel section that detail location, price, amenities, etc.

I'm sure there are other databases (newpapers, magazines) that will work, as long as they are indexed--the NYT jumps to mind because it's so incredibly useful.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
If you have time, you can also buy old guidebooks on Amazon. I took a quick peek , and they have a Fodor's France from 1980 for $3 plus shipping.

Local thrift shops might also have old guidebooks.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere among my books are some copies of Let's Go Paris/Let's Go France from the mid 80s. There are dozens of Paris hotels listed in the various eastern arrondissements. If you specify the neighborhood a bit more narrowly I may be able to scan a few pages of listings for you.

arcan

Registered
Reaction score
Which part of Paris are you interested in? Paris ? Suburbs? Around Gare de Lyon or near le père Lachaise?

la-gamine

Child at Heart.
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere among my books are some copies of Let's Go Paris/Let's Go France from the mid 80s. There are dozens of Paris hotels listed in the various eastern arrondissements. If you specify the neighborhood a bit more narrowly I may be able to scan a few pages of listings for you.

That would be wonderful! Père Lachaise is closest to the area I'm looking at but a reasonable driving distance works as well. :)

arcan

Registered
Reaction score
driving in Paris, even in the 80s wasn't a very good choice... Most Parisians would have used the bus or underground.