The Old Farts Bar, Grill and Infirmary

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That was the reaction of most of the thought I shared with my bosses.
And with us too.
icon10.gif

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...I made breakfast on the deck yesterday.

...the closest I'll get to actually camping out these days. YUM.

LOL - Now that's my idea of camping out too. ;)

Sleeping in a tent, on the ground, with bugs and junk?

I don't think sooooooo. :flag:

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You fall down drunk and crack your head and come in here looking for sympathy? Ain't happening.
DANG, Dawg! You're almost as hard-edged as Lavern. 'Course, she's tougher than my drill instructor back in '65.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Good point. Plus she's slow. She'll probably never make it over here until tomorrow at the earliest.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good point. Plus she's slow. She'll probably never make it over here until tomorrow at the earliest.
Yeah, that would give me enough time to get away from here, maybe as far as Missouri. You're pretty far away as it is, but I'm only 80 miles or so away from her as the crow flies, 150 miles as the crow drives. I could get a pretty bad burn from the explosion when she reads the nasty things you've been writing about her while, the whole time, I've been trying to defend her. After all, I have fond memories of her when she was my drill instructor.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that would give me enough time to get away from here, maybe as far as Missouri. You're pretty far away as it is, but I'm only 80 miles or so away from her as the crow flies, 150 miles as the crow drives. I could get a pretty bad burn from the explosion when she reads the nasty things you've been writing about her while, the whole time, I've been trying to defend her. After all, I have fond memories of her when she was my drill instructor.
Me? You blame me? Why, I was the one who defended her. I mean, Lavern is nothing but sweet, kind, cheerful, thrifty, brave...

I'm laying it on too thick, ain't I?

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Me? You blame me? Why, I was the one who defended her. I mean, Lavern is nothing but sweet, kind, cheerful, thrifty, brave...

Well...at 80 miles, I'm still within her poison dart range. I heard that Gail and Andreea lived near her and you see how far away they had to move. In fact, that's how Gail and I got separated from each other all those years ago.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
You ought to be able to hop on that there eagle and ride along with little Haggette so someplace far away and safe.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You ought to be able to hop on that there eagle and ride along with little Haggette so someplace far away and safe.
Good thought! How's the weather in Michigan lately? Warm? Comfy?

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I figure some time in late May.
Hey, different subject (now that we've finished singing the praises of Lavern). With all the accumulated age, experience and knowledge (well, age and experience anyway) on this thread, I thought I'd ask this question here.

I have a chance to visit a local house soon while a paranormal investigation team does some investigating in it. From what I hear, there is some well-defined paranormal activity in the place. I've never been especially obsessed with the subject (although all my fiction has been in that area - I don't understand that) but, like most subjects, I find it compelling. I have some IR photography equipment (for my artistic interests) which I plan to take along. The team will no doubt have EVP recorders, tri-field meters, maybe even thermal-imaging stuff, hopefully.

My questions is: Does anyone here have experience with this field and any tips, suggestions, wisdom, etc. to offer?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, different subject (now that we've finished singing the praises of Lavern). With all the accumulated age, experience and knowledge (well, age and experience anyway) on this thread, I thought I'd ask this question here.

I have a chance to visit a local house soon while a paranormal investigation team does some investigating in it. From what I hear, there is some well-defined paranormal activity in the place. I've never been especially obsessed with the subject (although all my fiction has been in that area - I don't understand that) but, like most subjects, I find it compelling. I have some IR photography equipment (for my artistic interests) which I plan to take along. The team will no doubt have EVP recorders, tri-field meters, maybe even thermal-imaging stuff, hopefully.

My questions is: Does anyone here have experience with this field and any tips, suggestions, wisdom, etc. to offer?

Pm member Wyntermoon. She doesn't stop by often but does from time to time. She's an expert in those kinds of things. Tell her I sent you. :)

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pm member Wyntermoon. She doesn't stop by often but does from time to time. She's an expert in those kinds of things. Tell her I sent you. :)
Thanks, Dawg, I'll do that.
Hey, I got us to a new page. Maybe we'll escape Lavern's wrath.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
HEY! LAVERN!!!!!

You're welcome.

DANG, Dawg! You're almost as hard-edged as Lavern. 'Course, she's tougher than my drill instructor back in '65.

Lavern was your drill instructor in '65.

Unfortunately, that makes sense. (I hope she doesn't read this.)

I know. We better hurry and get this thread onto the next page.

Well, maybe at her age now, she'll forget that she read it.

Thanks, Dawg, I'll do that.
Hey, I got us to a new page. Maybe we'll escape Lavern's wrath.

I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.