Sensual Venus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veingloree

Hi

I noticed this site for woman erotica writers. I was wondering what you all thought about giving work to sites like this. Presumably the goal for the writer is to generate some publicity. There seems to be some quality control and you can also post the sory on your own website. I have a few stories that i think are quite good but I just haven't found a paying market for them -- and so was thinking of putting them free on my website and perhaps also submitting them to SV.

==============================
sensualvenus.com

You must be a female and the sole author of the story/poem that you are submitting to us. You grant Sensual Venus the right to publish your submission as received by SensualVenus.com.

Nevertheless, to be clear, we don't consider ourselves as the owners of your texts: you are always free to remove them from Sensual Venus and post them elsewhere, if you wish, without any problems. (See also Rule 5).

How many readers here? On September 2004, SensualVenus.com had 103,685 unique visitors, a total of 3,497,485 hits and 279,705 page views and when we look at our previous year, we have had nearly ONE AND A HALF MILLION visitors (1,411,520).

Nyki27

The only thing I'd be wary about (if I were eligible for the site, that is) is whether the story would then be considered to have been "published", even if you didn't get paid. Some magazines are reluctant to take anything that's been previously published.

veingloree

I would assume it consitituted publishing -- and so not an option for stories I think I could sell. Personally I would rather use stories I have already sold but the rights have reverted baclk to me -- but they don't seem to allow that for some reason.

sugarmuffin

Isn't this the place that pays a penny a word?

Are there higher paying pubs for this genre?

veingloree

Sensual venus is not a market and does not pay. yes there are many higher paying markets but it depends on what you write.

Status
Not open for further replies.