MayNoWriMo - This time it's personal!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Had my test. That first section I hadn't remembered wasn't even in the test, so whatever. Stressed myself out for nothing.

Pretty sure I'll get 11 or 12 out of 12 for this one. The first 9 marks were easy, the last 3 I think I had enough information to get 2/3 at least...

So at this point, when I take the exam in about 5 or 6 weeks, I'll need to get only a handful of questions right to pass the subject. But I'm going for an A, baby!

virginia

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.travelswithlucy.blogspot.com
Hi Clff Face,

well done with your philosophy test yesterday. I’ve been catching up with all that’s been going on in this NaNo forum, and I was feeling for you having to study the other night.

How is your shoulder now? Did you hurt it, do you think, moving the furniture (so often done)? If I were you, I’d have a lovely lavender bath followed by a massage, of the shoulder, with arnica oil/cream.

My poor fiction writing has fallen by the wayside: in the last couple of months, the MS (multiple sclerosis not manuscript!) has got worse, the scoliosis more pronounced, and a new live-in carer has moved in.

How wonderful then, and inspirational, is this thread!

Thank you, Cliff Face - and, if I do write anything this month, I’ll let you know.

Wishing everybody well with their writing.

Virginia

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. :)

Yeah, it was probably due to shifting furniture, though that shoulder always gives me grief.

I'll skip the bath (I'm not a bath person, much prefer showers :)) but a massage would be fantastic!

Hope you feel better and get some words written. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Taking a day off from Uni. My neck is killing me... I can hardly move.

Don't know quite what caused it. It just started to really hurt in the shower. Probably related to my shoulder pain, but much worse.

Going to lie down soon.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Feel better soon, Cliff. :(

Spanish teacher graded one assignment (a minor one), which brought my ungraded assignment total to 10. Then I did another and brought it back up to 11. :tongue Wonder how long I can keep THAT up...

Should be done with the course soon. :) Yay!

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I hope a good night's sleep will work the kinks out of my neck. I have to go to the Uni tomorrow, to hand in some homework. Can't miss that without losing some of my grade...

And I'm supposed to be getting an essay back tomorrow too. Eep!

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
A properly supportive pillow and a good chiropractor do wonders.

My secret project short story is uploaded to at least some of the stores, so I only have to wait for Sunday, official release day. Some people already discovered it for 6 sales yesterday.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Still working on rewrites for Chapter 2, and I feel like screaming. I know I have to press on and continue. But I think my rewrites may take longer than my first draft. Still debating on whether or not I want to do a third. Ugh. Rewrites/Editing is slowly becoming a pain.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Spanish teacher graded a whole TWO of my 11 assignments. :tongue

And then I turned in another one. :D I think I'm actually going to do another one today just for fun...

ETA: and I did :D Back up to 11. :tongue

ETA2: and then teacher graded 4 of them... ._. couldn't possibly get it back up to 11... lol. My grade went up though. :)

~Amber~

Last edited:

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
546714_271100729652728_100002584098860_553994_1259440779_n.jpg

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Got a reading assignment back - 7/8. Somehow I failed at reading something. Whoops.

Was hoping to get the essay back, but it'll be next Thursday (that's what he said last Thursday!). Eh, the tutor has PhD students handing in theses and stuff, which take precedence.

I now have 3 days off, in which I need to fully read Mrs. Dalloway. I'm 20 pages in, and it's sooooo much work. I'm not enjoying it all that much. But 3 days oughta get me to the end of it.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back:) Took a small break from my WIP, now at 25,000;) Hoping to write some more tonight though:) Wanting to get it finished for early June:)

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Worked on more edits today. Still have about three more chapters to work on. I hope I can finish it this week honestly.

Went to the library today and checked out two UF books: one of the Dresden Files series and one of the Mercy Thompson series.

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote the first 229 words of my first draft just now. I will follow this through to the end. I didn't start it when it wanted to at the beginning of the month. I had things on my mind, eh life.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I just can't seem to make any progress on Mrs. Dalloway.

I mean, the descriptions are really good, but there's just too much of it it seems.

I have until Monday to finish it. I'll have to wait and see how far I can get.