Status
Not open for further replies.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Topic today: "alien nation", best enjoyed with a cup of Seattle's Best and a delicious Voodoo donut . . .

Actually, make that a pint of Captain Morgan's and a black licorice stick.

MadisonWoods

Homesteader, Author,Nature Liaison
Registered
Reaction score
Website
wildozark.com
May I ask why you aren't just doing the entire site in WP? Then continuity wouldn't be an issue. Looks like you're hosting your WP blog on wordpress.com, but if you have hosting for your main site, you could just as easily self-host an installation of WP (or install WP with the same theme and widgets and what not so that your site looked EXACTLY like your blog, minus the WP login header and "follow" tab at the bottom).

Now I remember why. Because it's hard to make tables and adjust layout on WP posts/pages and I wanted to make a page like this one: http://products.madison-woods.com

Eventually I may figure that out and the other little layout things that I need to learn better coding to do and go to an all WP website/blog, though.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Honestly, I don't remember anymore. I had a website to begin with years ago and then began blogging and somewhere along the way there was a reason but I can't remember what it was. It is on my own domain, the blog is also on my domain, so I could do whatever I want with it.

But it's going to stay the way it is for a while now. Later I'll re-examine why I have the two instead of one, LOL.

Sorry, the "follow" tab at the bottom threw me for a loop, lol!

And I didn't mean to imply that it looks bad or anything. Just that if continuity is what you're after, it'd be easy enough to just do everything on your WP. Even easier if you're self-hosting that anyway...all you ahve to do is create new pages for your existing non-WP stuff and set a URL forwarder to take your main URL visitors to your WP front page :)

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
I did update my blog today, http://kkellie.blogspot.com/ , and I shall continue to do so until sternly ordered to knock it off.

Actually, I updated that puppy twice, as something went screwy the first time.

Anyhoo, I didn't interview anybody cool today, but I did discuss spinning gear thingies and the dilemma facing Mikie and Albert, who sit on the cusp of righteousness. But they're in a world of hurt, those two . . . yikes.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
New Bloggy

I have a new Blog: Suburbageek

Current new post: "School is Out! Now What?" Tips on how to survive summer with the kiddos home.

I'll be posting more Sci-fi related material too. Working on reviews of Star Trek, Robopocalypse, and of course, editing my own book.

Enjoy!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.