Prayer requests.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Post your prayer requests and let's pray for each other.

But, please, no bad jokes. Keep this thread sacred.

All walks of life welcome-come as you are!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need the will to send out a query for a new agent. I seemed to be paralyzed by fear. Not of rejection, I'm used to that. But of acceptance. Acceptance means performance and that requires confidence that I can perform as a writer for children. So my request is that I get over myself and send it out. The query is for "The Lady And The Writer for" those of you who have seen it.

Humbly Yours,

writerterri

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I mean no disrespect, but what about those here who do not believe in a supreme power of any kind? Are they also welcome?

Maryn, who hopes you "get over yourself and send it out," too! C'mon, you know you can do it...

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
They will be at CDHH.

I couldn't resist the opportunity to make that known.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn said:
I mean no disrespect, but what about those here who do not believe in a supreme power of any kind? Are they also welcome?

Maryn, who hopes you "get over yourself and send it out," too! C'mon, you know you can do it...

Anybody and everybody who is apart of the human race is welcome here (and their pets too).

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, my palms dried up and the blood returned to my fingers and I was able to query. Yikes!

Thank you to the ones who prayed for me.

writerterri

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I'll say a prayer for you too, Epicman and hope and pray everything turns out well for you and everyone.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, I will.

I have chronic illness. One thing I was shown through prayer was that I had to be strong and except the answers I was given. Walk by faith not by sight. If you ever need someone to unload your thoughts on I'm there. I understand. I have been chronically ill for 15 years and I know the depths you think no one will understand. Don't let it make you crazy by holding it in, talk about it. I've had all the thoughts that go along with chronic illness you couldn't shock me. May the One who's incharge of your health show you how to walk through it. Amen.

And I said a private prayer too. Call on me if you need me.

terri

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted you to know I prayed for those who requested it, also. God bless.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
D.J. said:
Just wanted you to know I prayed for those who requested it, also. God bless.

Great!

I have a praise report. I prayed for a car and a client at my husbands work wants to give me her other car. Just out of the blue! It needs a head gasket and it just so happens that my uncle will replace it for me for free.

Thank you Lord!

The power of prayer blows me away.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wisdom for the spirit.

Live in harmony with each other. Don't try to act important, but enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don't think you know it all!

Romans 12:16 NLT

Have any spiritual wisdom? Feel free to post it. It doesn't have to come from the Bible. All walks of life welcome.
trans_spacer.gif

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I have much influence Upstairs, but I too asked Him to keep an eye on you guys.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's not all that spiritual--and neither am I, so that's fitting--but I think much of the good that's some to me is the direct result of being honest and kind to everyone, unless and until they've done something to indicate they don't deserve or appreciate it.

There's no reason in the world not to treat everyone else as intrinsically important and worthy of being acknowledged as a fellow human being. (Plus it gets you little favors that brighten your day many, many times!) Why not say "Good morning" to the joggers and the homeless guy? Ask the cashier how her day's going? Let the dope turn in front of me without shaking my fist or muttering? Wish people well even if you don't share their goal?

Sure makes things easier, being nice.

Maryn, world-class grouch on her own time

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you Maryn. Just because I'm in a bad mood doesn't mean I should wish it on everyone. Some things are better not to share.

I think that's why one of my most remembered bits of a movie was in 'Oh, God' with John Denver and George Burns...when he makes it rain inside the car and he says, 'Why should I ruin everyone else's day?' It still cracks me up.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I needed to resurrect this thread this morning, for those of you who can find time to pray this holiday week...

I would really appreciate your prayers for our teenage son. He has Tourette Syndrome, and has struggled all his life with obsessive-compulsive issues. The medications he's been on for 10 years don't seem to help much in this area, and his compulsive/addictive tendencies have taken a more serious turn these past few months. He is a computer genius, and has already discovered how to get into serious trouble doing illegal things on the computer. In recent months he has been granted 'mercy' twice, in that no charges were filed; but I have been told to prepare for what we will do in the event that he gets arrested (if things don't change) We've been told he would get tried as an adult, and if convicted, could end up in a federal prison.

After meeting with the psychiatrist this week, it was recommended that we check him into a behavioral health hospital for teens struggling with addiction, school failure, and other serious problems. (Though brilliant, he is also failing some classes at high school. His ADD and learning disability are not the problem; it's more a motivation issue.) Please pray for my husband and me to make the right decision for him, and pray for the peace that comes when I turn it all over to a sovereign God. My mother's heart shudders at the thought of my boy's future.

Thanks.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
best of luck with your son, pat. it sounds like he has wonderful parents, and that's such an incredibly important aspect of dealing with such challenges.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Terri, Pat, Epicman and others. I'm sending out hopes for a bright rest-of-2005 and an even better 2006. Let us know how we can be of help, even if it's just a reminder of this thread from time to time, so we can renew our prayers.

Epic, you've been in my thoughts for some time. Sorry I didn't catch your post here a few weeks back.

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Pat, I stopped to pray for you all. I pray that you get the right help for your son. It certainly sounds like you're on the right track. I prayed for God to lead you and to heal your son. I pray for him to be given effective tools for dealing with this. I ask for your peace in the process. God bless.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
You are all in my prayers. There are five family members in this house. Two have chronic illnesses, another one w/ emotional problems, and another with neurological impairment. As for me--I keep on going, like the Energizer bunny. Sort of. I can't say I fully understand what others go through, since everyone's illnesses and situations are different, but I have an idea, and I know it can be quite troubling.

And yes, besides prayer, I believe in what goes around comes around.

**After re-reading that last sentence above, I realize it sounds strange. What I meant to say was, do something good for others and it will come back to you a thousand-fold, in some way. Lately clarity hasn't been my strong point! And to think I'm a writer....

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Last edited:

CampCreek

Texestentialist
Registered
Reaction score
I will do just that, Pat and Stormie. I'll add in a request for a little strength for you all as well.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pat,

Besides the PM I pray that God gives you the wisdom to do His will for your son and gives you and your husband the strength to carry it out. I think the hospital would be a great idea. Jail just isn't the right place for that kind of illness.

One breath and one prayer at a time my friend.

Terri

samgail

poll dancer
Registered
Reaction score
For the first time, I am really struggling with the holiday season. I have had three tragedys this year and right now I want to crawl under the covers and not come out until they quit playing Felice Navidad. I have to go to work and keep from crying for 24 hours and if you would, I would like to ask you to pray for my family and myself to have the strength to make it through this difficult time. I need to be strong for my kids. Thank you
Sam