Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some things are just unforgettable!!

Particularly the pair with the stars and stripes all over them.

:D

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Talk about 'flying high'.

Hi, Gail. Enjoyed your insightful updates on the SA homicide trial and sentencing. Are you one of the ladies sending love notes to Blade Runner? :D

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Gail. Enjoyed your insightful updates on the SA homicide trial and sentencing. Are you one of the ladies sending love notes to Blade Runner? :D

Thanks, Chase. :D

And no, no love notes from me to the 'blade runner.' I kinda take a dim view of guys who shoot women - no matter what the reason/excuse. (I still think we haven't heard the entire truth about what happened that morning. But I guess we never will.) *sigh*:Shrug:

So, how are things in Oregon? What's the weather like? Is it getting cold yet? :)

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of shooting through doors. Innocent people are very often on the other side.

So, how are things in Oregon? What's the weather like? Is it getting cold yet? :)

This week has been cool and quite rainy after a hot, dry late summer. It's sure good not to be stamping out fires and constantly smelling woodsmoke. No snow yet here in the valley--just in the mountains.

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well. . .I guess that's better than coming back into the infirmary to one of Porter's farts

Welcome back! :D He's taken to snoring. I don't know which is worse, but it makes me think of this:

Last night I killed my wife,
And put her on the parquet flooring.
I was loath to take her life,
But I had to stop her snoring.

:D

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Listen up, kids. It's time for our Annual Dementia Test.

Hmmm. I missed the first question and couldn't continue. I would've done well on the last question: The bus drivers is 880 months old on October 23rd. :D

Today's nostalgia Saturday. We got the DVD of the first season of Gunsmoke from 1955. It was already a radio favorite, so I never missed Matt drawing his trusty Colt Peacemaker with the 7 1/2-inch barrel on the main street of Dodge. Miss Kitty was young and beautiful. Chester gimped along, and Doc was gray but wouldn't age much more in the next 20 years.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. I missed the first question and couldn't continue. I would've done well on the last question: The bus drivers is 880 months old on October 23rd. :D

Today's nostalgia Saturday. We got the DVD of the first season of Gunsmoke from 1955. It was already a radio favorite, so I never missed Matt drawing his trusty Colt Peacemaker with the 7 1/2-inch barrel on the main street of Dodge. Miss Kitty was young and beautiful. Chester gimped along, and Doc was gray but wouldn't age much more in the next 20 years.
I've been listening a lot to the old radio version. Matt Dillon sure killed plenty of folks.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been listening a lot to the old radio version. Matt Dillon sure killed plenty of folks.

Back in the day, I listened to William Conrad's gravel voice and signed the words to my sister. We loved "the smell of Gunsmoke." :D

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
The thing is, I grew up knowing James Arness as Dillon. William Conrad I knew from the TV show, Cannon. When I hear Conrad as the Marshal, I still picture him as Cannon.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The thing is, I grew up knowing James Arness as Dillon. William Conrad I knew from the TV show, Cannon. When I hear Conrad as the Marshal, I still picture him as Cannon.

Yep, long, tall Jim Arness did fit the radio voice better than rotund Bill Conrad. I was sure surprised when I finally saw Bill, but I still liked Cannon and Jake and the Fat Man.

Even funnier is The Thing (from another World) from '51 where James Arness plays a long, tall carrot frozen in the ice at the North Pole. It corny as hell with countless hilarious film gaffes, but we watch it every year on Halloween. :popcorn:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Monday morning. At week's end is Halloween. To celebrate, I have a ghost story posted just today on This Dark Matter.

http://thisdarkmatter.com/on-ghosts/onghosts_charlesland/#more-650

The botched train robbery actually happened 90-some years ago. All locales and some names of people living and dead are real. If you find time to read the whole 6,000 words, I hope you enjoy the story.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

At least with noisy, one can use earplugs. :D

Exactly!

Hmmm. . . .Haggis got a perfect score on the dementia test?

*wonders if "perfect" means 0

Something must be wrong. My Monday-fogged, not caffeinated enough brain actually managed to answer them all right.
So that means I'm not demented?
:e2bummed: