That Creepy Trivago Guy...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
After watching the Trivago commercial, I told Mr. Hunny, "That guy gives me the Heebie-Jeebies - He's so skeezy looking," and he just rolled his eyes and said "You're a crazy woman." :poke:

Well, I went online the other day and found out that I'm not alone - There are tons of comments from people (especially women) who think he's creepy and looks as though he just rolled outta bed with a very bad hangover.

What say you?

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
wait.
haggis is the trivago guy?

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I've often wondered why they picked that actor to do those commercials. EVERY time it's on, I'm scratching my head thinking, why him? My husband just tells me maybe he owns part of Trivago or something. Why else would they pick him? WHY??? lol

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
See? That was my first thought too - Maybe he owns the company?

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
I agree! I think the whole presentation is odd, but his voice is especially creepy. I think the ad is going for cool-casual-sexy but this guy comes across as borderline in every way. I think if I spotted him in the hallway of a hotel I was staying in, I'd double lock the door and call security!

Mirandashell - No, it's the sort-of-blondish guy with the shirt open at the neck just a little too wide. He seems to be their spokesman.

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
... I think if I spotted him in the hallway of a hotel I was staying in, I'd double lock the door and call security!

LOL - There were a ton of comments along those lines, Ketzel. Most said they'd never stay at a hotel he recommended. :D

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's bad for business when they have a sleazy guy representing them.

Expedia here I come. lol

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
After watching the Trivago commercial, I told Mr. Hunny, "That guy gives me the Heebie-Jeebies - He's so skeezy looking," and he just rolled his eyes and said "You're a crazy woman." :poke:

Well, I went online the other day and found out that I'm not alone - There are tons of comments from people (especially women) who think he's creepy and looks as though he just rolled outta bed with a very bad hangover.

What say you?

And in desperate need of a shave.

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
He still hasn't shaved. Five o'clock shadow is one thing, but that beard is verging on flop-house level of scruff.

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score

What say you?

You are subliminally responding to the fact he is actually an alien species. There is a term....oh yeah, xenophobia (fear of weird strangeness). there is a lot of it going around.

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
He always kind of reminded me as a low budget version of Sam Marlott from True Blood, but my boyfriend was always creeped out about him. Soon as I told him about the thread, he wouldn't stop "I told you so! It's not just me!"

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
  1. What the hell's a Trivago?
  2. Does it come from a different planet or a parallel dimension or something?
  3. No. Srsly. It sounds like something somebody crapped out to fill space in an episode of Doctor Who or the TV revival of Star Trek that was turned into Star Trek: The Motionless Picture, a.k.a. Star Trek: The Motion Sickness.
  4. How can you tell it's male?

Last edited:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Shrugs* I don't watch TV, so I had to YouTube it. Honestly, I think they tried too hard to make him look casual and hip. Had they used a 23-year-old in the same clothes, hair, and shave-neediness nobody would think twice.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
I have yet to see any guy who, IMHO looks good with the 'aliens attacked my razor so it only sorta kinda worked' look.

Please note that I'm of an age that is fond of male facial hair - beards, moustaches, mutton chops - the whole Victorian spread. But not the scruff that also reminds me of a guy's first attempt at a beard.

Last edited:

iLion

Why do I say these things?
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvsQ9hYKq7c
It seems that Trivago, whatever that is, is getting a lot of air time here. :D Just sayin'! :D

Hey! Maybe Lavern works for them!! Aha!! Pretty sneaky Lavern. But well done.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It seems that Trivago, whatever that is, is getting a lot of air time here. :D Just sayin'! :D

Hey! Maybe Lavern works for them!! Aha!! Pretty sneaky Lavern. But well done.

or...

Perhaps iLion works for them - I mean seriously, he's the one who resurrected a month-old thread.

Just sayin' ;)

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like Trivago has gotten at least some of the message about their skeevy spokesman. First, they re-did the ad so that he was wearing a more buttoned up shirt, and had his hair combed down flat. And now, I just saw an ad where he's had his hair cut short, he's wearing a plain blue t-shirt and black-washed jeans and the scruff, while still present, has been dialed back a bit. And he's still creepy as hell, to me. It's the voice, I guess.