Registered
Reaction score
Yay Soccer Mom and Romancewriter!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, y'all. We have some amazingly productive people here. I'm contantly impressed by them.

harriet47

journo turned novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
harrietschultz.blogspot.com
What an inspiring thread! It's wonderful to read about writers who have found publishers instead of the usual moaning and groaning of waiting and waiting and waiting for either an agent or publisher to recognize the brilliance, or at least readability, of what's in front of them.
It seems most of you have been picked up by small presses and I wonder if you have agents. If not, did you go that route without success and then decide to find a publisher on your own?

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Harriet, for many it depends on what they write. I write mainly shorts/novellas in the menage and m/m subgenres of romance and erotica. I don't know of any large presses who take that length. Most e presses don't require an agent.

I have a requested sub with Harlequin. They don't require an agent.

I do write in other genres. At some point I will seek an agent for my literary works.

I will add, many here in the romance forum do have agents, and(or) are published by the large presses. Stacia Kane, Cathy C, Job, and Susan Gable... There are others, but these just spring to mind.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've sold two this week....just inked my name on the contract for the sequel to my current release, LOVE TATTOO, which will be called LOVE SCARS with Evernight Publishing; also signed one for a short, sweet historical with Astraea Press.

Now back to work......

Congrats!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I've sold two this week....just inked my name on the contract for the sequel to my current release, LOVE TATTOO, which will be called LOVE SCARS with Evernight Publishing; also signed one for a short, sweet historical with Astraea Press.

Now back to work......

Congratulations!!!

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com

Now back to work......

Two in a week! Way to go! :hooray:

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
Happy almost birthday!

And...Oh Em Gee...If I had to raise a glass every time there was a sale (sales) in here I'd be a raving drunk!:e2woo:
(Darn, couldn't find a drunken smiley)

Well done to all. What a talented bunch!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thrilled to announce the sale of my paranormal novel, "What God and Cats Know", to Carina Press!

best day-before-birthday present EVAH!!!

*faints away*

Congratulations!!! How exciting and wonderful timing to boot.

I love your title. Sounds like a fun read. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.