Status
Not open for further replies.

AuburnAssassin

Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
clairegillian.wordpress.com
Wow, lots of sales to catch up on since my last visit. Congratulations to all!

I have a couple of new ones myself:

A naughty fairy tale sold to Evernight called "Vixen and the Pea", releasing 6-26-12

A short story that's actually a reprint of a 5000 word short I sold to an anthology that was probably read by maybe 6 people counting my father. I expanded it to 8500 words, retitled it and with full disclosure sold it to Evernight for their Romance on the Go line. Story is called "Soul of the Succubus" and will release in August 2012.

Evernight has been amazing to work with! My naughty fairy tale I subbed at 9 PM and at 6 AM the next day I had an acceptance. Can't beat that. Now if this other publisher would only be half as swift...I'm EXTREMELY spoiled now because of Evernight, suffice to say.

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
Wow, lots of sales to catch up on since my last visit. Congratulations to all!

I have a couple of new ones myself:

A naughty fairy tale sold to Evernight called "Vixen and the Pea", releasing 6-26-12

A short story that's actually a reprint of a 5000 word short I sold to an anthology that was probably read by maybe 6 people counting my father. I expanded it to 8500 words, retitled it and with full disclosure sold it to Evernight for their Romance on the Go line. Story is called "Soul of the Succubus" and will release in August 2012.

Evernight has been amazing to work with! My naughty fairy tale I subbed at 9 PM and at 6 AM the next day I had an acceptance. Can't beat that. Now if this other publisher would only be half as swift...I'm EXTREMELY spoiled now because of Evernight, suffice to say.
Huge news. Congrats. I've always wanted to work with Evernight. So glad you're happy with them.

K. Victoria Chase

Registered
Reaction score
Website
torilounge.blogspot.com
Congratulations Carrie Ann and Auburn! Wow, Auburn, a 9hr turnaround. Must feel fantastic!

I'll add to the good news. I accepted a contract with Astraea Press late May for a romantic suspense set for release in early August. :)

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! So much good news in here. :D

That is wonderful! It's so nice when things move quickly in publishing, since they so rarely do. ;) Congrats!

I signed a deal with Sapphire Star earlier this month. STRENGTH, my new adult paranormal romance, will be released 03/07/13! :D

Congratulations!!! :partyguy:

I'll add to the good news. I accepted a contract with Astraea Press late May for a romantic suspense set for release in early August. :)

Congratulations! I love romantic suspense. :D

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Congratulations, ladies! :)

I signed a deal with Sapphire Star earlier this month. STRENGTH, my new adult paranormal romance, will be released 03/07/13! :D

Congrats!! :D

Congratulations Carrie Ann and Auburn! Wow, Auburn, a 9hr turnaround. Must feel fantastic!

Congrats!!

--

Congrats on the sales everyone. :)

CarrieAnn

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! :snoopy:

Congratulations! :D I'm loving all the good news!

AuburnAssassin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Congratulations, ladies! :)

Congratulations CarrieAnn and Victoria!!

qdsb

Cynical Idealist
Registered
Reaction score
If y'all don't mind my asking...how did you decide whether to query agents or go directly to publishers? If you sought an agent, what made you change your path?

I'm curious about the factors that shaped your publishing decisions.

Thanks in advance!

AuburnAssassin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I subbed a couple of short stories to Evernight for their Halloween and Christmas anthologies. They were kind enough to email me back and ask me to please submit more of my work. So I have and they've been enthusiastic enough to accept all I've sent in but one and that was because it was erotica without a HEA/HFN and they don't accept that.

Writing erotica/erotic romance was always more of my mad money / mostly for fun work, and not something I ever planned to try to solicit an agent for. I do plan to try that angle for my YA and mainstream works though. Just haven't had luck yet with mainstream me and am still polishing the MS for YA me.

Status
Not open for further replies.