XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:ee--

Oh ffs. Kate, you ignore whatever I do say in helping you, including my PM from when you were going through hell. Your behavior borders on trolling *at times*

So why dont you tell us whats up and acknowledge our attempts to help. We do care and we all go through a lot of shit in life, but we'd be more willing to help if we felt you gave a damn what we said.

And when I say we, I mean 'I and those I assume feel as I do'. Which is not everyone in the Cantina ofc.

But meanwhile I'm going to bed. Laters.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about today. My wrists are hurting after two days of hella heavy writing. It might be chill out and read day for me here as well. Did not have a good night.

Consider it rest and refuelling time - you've written a lot lately. Writing-related wrist injuries are not what you want. Have a :Hug2: from me.

And thanks for the cheers everyone. Let's hope the writing group likes the result (next Saturday).

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Omg, I had this dream, and Hillz was there, and... Okay, just Hillz.

We were on the frozen water and we werent quite walking but we certainly werent swimming. The wind was deadly and we were trying to make our way to shore but couldnt see it. The ice was shifting, but not like ice flows- I cant even descibe it now but with the wind and ice it was the apoxyclips. We couldnt even communicate or hold on to each other. Finally we see shore and head for land. The ice gives way to cold water with huge swells, and now we are swimming for our lives. I let one wave carry me onto the land, which is the edge of a massive lake, not a beach. I hit the ground running, then I stumble, but finally I'm safe. I turn and see Hillz treading water and yell for her to do like I did and not get beat against the land by the waves. She does and we stumble further inland and then we collapse and I wake up.

When I went back to sleep I dreamt the wind was still crazy but I was standing by a road and hoping some loot would blow my way. Instead I rescued three kittens, one of which had been hit by a car or something yet was okay, and took them home.

And now I'm awake again. I'm gonna be braindead at work. Doh.

But I have an hour and a half to try and sleep sans apoxyclips.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This morning, the ceiling in my wardrobe room collapsed under the weight of too much water caused by an obstructed heating system pipe.

Apparently, this was a problem the previous tenants reported, but the renting agency never followed up on it. They fix my ceiling, but I need to claim the clothes and shoes that are ruined with my own insurance. Which leads me to the fun part: I called the insurance company, and they gleefully informed me that my insurance was void because my mom no longer lives with me (she moved in when my father left her) and thus the parameters of the insurance policy had changed.

Now, I do get that to an extent (although I'm paying the same amount for less home contents, so technically...), but the way that they never let me know, never informed me of this (it's not in the policy either), and then as soon as I called and told them the problem, out of nowhere explained the above, which means they knew, they have it in their computer just waiting for something like this to happen, and that reeks of "wanting to rake in money and then not pay out" to me.

No, today is not a good day, why do you ask? :(

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That sucks. Dont take either your landlords or the insurances bull for an answer. Its easy for them to give you shit and hope you fold. Even if you end up in court, dont let them do business that way. I hate jerks like that.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
I wanna be in a bookstore now :)
Libraries work just as well. I think I might visit my local one tomorrow :D

That and wait forever for B&N to process my ebook. Ugh.

*backpeddles furiously and blinks at that line*
Wait, you're publishing? I thought you were at the five page stage only last week. I think I've missed something.

But regardless - Congrats :D

812 words later and I have a finished first draft. My first completed short-story draft since September 2009, eight days into the year. Let's hope that's a good sign.

And a second Congrats. Seriously, we might have to start a cantina library soon with all this publishing and writing going on

This morning, the ceiling in my wardrobe room collapsed under the weight of too much water caused by an obstructed heating system pipe.

Apparently, this was a problem the previous tenants reported, but the renting agency never followed up on it. They fix my ceiling, but I need to claim the clothes and shoes that are ruined with my own insurance. Which leads me to the fun part: I called the insurance company, and they gleefully informed me that my insurance was void because my mom no longer lives with me (she moved in when my father left her) and thus the parameters of the insurance policy had changed.

Now, I do get that to an extent (although I'm paying the same amount for less home contents, so technically...), but the way that they never let me know, never informed me of this (it's not in the policy either), and then as soon as I called and told them the problem, out of nowhere explained the above, which means they knew, they have it in their computer just waiting for something like this to happen, and that reeks of "wanting to rake in money and then not pay out" to me.

I told you this in chat, but again, that is awful, and I hope you manage to feel better soon. And your insurance company is terrible - surely if it's not in the policy as a stipulation you should be able to file a complaint to the ombudsmen because they didn't notify you of it.

That sucks. Dont take either your landlords or the insurances bull for an answer. Its easy for them to give you shit and hope you fold. Even if you end up in court, dont let them do business that way. I hate jerks like that.

But take a break before you do anything major. Some you time. So you feel better :Hug2:

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score

Oh noes :( Big, big oh noes.

Seconding (thirding? fourthing?) that you should complain to the insurance company and ombudsman and whatever. Make a big fuss. Tell the local press, the insurance company will HATE that. And probably fall over themselves trying to make it right. Hopefully.

Morning gang. I have been lurking. Well done on writing achievements, all. KL so sorry to hear about your dog :Hug2:

Ugh. So had a couple of rough days. I saw my friend who happens to be a doctor and I mentioned the problems I've had with hypoglycemia (I AMMMMM going to the doctor, the appointment is tomorrow, don't worry peeps). She asked if I was pregnant and I said probably not (I'm on the pill, duh) but she said to check anyway and do a test. So I did. And I'm NOT pregnant (the pill is working, in other words) so I have to go ask the doctor about the random hypo episodes and what the hell's going on.

But I really wanted to be pregnant :( I decided some time in my early twenties that I'd like to start a family by the time I'm 25, and now I'm 27 and still haven't. And due to complications and problems me and MrMacologist decided we can't have a baby just yet (his visa runs out in nine months, for a start, as well as other things) so it's a GOOD thing I'm not preggers because it would just cause all sorts of problems.

But still. I wanted to be preggers :(

So I spent the whole weekend sorta down about the whole baby thing and that's why I wasn't here. The end.

Ok self-indulgent whiney pity-party over. What did I miss?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: Psycho. Dont leave us again. Sorry you are having trouble starting your family like you want. I wont give you the 'youre still young' blah, but if its any help I'm also not where I wanna be. We'll get there, ya?

I hope the doc visit goes well. Dont forget to ask for a referal if needed or wanted.

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
It was time for a new avatar.

... and here it is. :D

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news, Missus Psycho-Pony. I remember the pregnancy troubles I had with my ex in happier days, so I can sympathize somewhat.

Glad you're back though. :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Max! I got three hours. With our powers combined... We still need a nap!

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: Psycho. Dont leave us again. Sorry you are having trouble starting your family like you want. I wont give you the 'youre still young' blah, but if its any help I'm also not where I wanna be. We'll get there, ya?

I hope the doc visit goes well. Dont forget to ask for a referal if needed or wanted.

Sorry to hear the news, Missus Psycho-Pony. I remember the pregnancy troubles I had with my ex in happier days, so I can sympathize somewhat.

Glad you're back though. :)

Thanks guys. Don't worry I will never leave you for very long :D

The plan is to get knocked up this year, preferably in the next few months. So hopefully it shouldn't be too long in coming now. But I'm still getting impatient about the whole thing. Oh well. We'll get there :)

I'll probably ask the doctor about speaking to a nutritionist or something to try and get this weird eating thing sorted out. Maybe it's just a case of not eating the right foods to keep mah boday fueled 8)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sweet sassy molassy! I gotta lotta pages to catch up on.

Back to this page in a while.

Morning gang. Whut up?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
STFB. Epic multi-quoting in 3...2..Ecru...

That and wait forever for B&N to process my ebook. Ugh.

Dude.

DUDE!

You has a published!

Agreed. Anything with the words, "Written by Joss Whedon" makes me quiver.

This morning, the ceiling in my wardrobe room collapsed

<snippination>

'Tis teh suck, 10s. Go all medievil on the LL's backside.

The plan is to get knocked up this year, preferably in the next few months.

Oooooo! A mini-Psycho?! Love.

In a completely unrelated topic, I hear "Cobra" is the hot new baby name.

:p

Last edited:

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Thanks guys. Don't worry I will never leave you for very long :D

The plan is to get knocked up this year, preferably in the next few months. So hopefully it shouldn't be too long in coming now. But I'm still getting impatient about the whole thing. Oh well. We'll get there :)

I'll probably ask the doctor about speaking to a nutritionist or something to try and get this weird eating thing sorted out. Maybe it's just a case of not eating the right foods to keep mah boday fueled 8)

*huggles* A baby Psycho would be so adorable. <3

Wait... that didn't sound quite right. You know what I mean. :)

I'm really worrying about going back to work today. My eye is still pretty bad and the thought of staring at a computer for 9 hours with a bad eye doesn't sound like the wisest idea. Hopefully it'll be okay. I still look like a deformed gargoyle but plan on wearing my reading glasses to try and hide it a bit.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Oooooo! A mini-Psycho?! Love.

In a completely unrelated topic, I hear "Cobra" is the hot new baby name.

:p
Hopefully. Reeeally hoping so. Wish us luck!

And I promise to call my baby "Little Cobra" AT LEAST ONCE in its life. Can't guarantee naming him/her that though!

Also, him/her doesn't exist yet so don't get too excited peeps :)

*huggles* A baby Psycho would be so adorable. <3

Wait... that didn't sound quite right. You know what I mean. :)

I'm really worrying about going back to work today. My eye is still pretty bad and the thought of staring at a computer for 9 hours with a bad eye doesn't sound like the wisest idea. Hopefully it'll be okay. I still look like a deformed gargoyle but plan on wearing my reading glasses to try and hide it a bit.

LOL... I know what you mean! *holds out for cute-looking kids*

Also, :Hug2: for the bad eyes. Try and take lots of breaks and rest your eyes whilst you're at work.

Okay folks all this baby talk isn't getting any work done. Sigh. Work. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.