NFL 2014 season

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I am about to swear really badly so if you don't like bad language, please don't read the rest of this post.....

51 points! Fifty-one fucking points! Against the Bears defence! WTF!

They do not deserve to wear the same shirts as the Monsters. That's an absolute bloody disgrace! 51 points!

I need a lie down......

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I've calmed down a bit now but I still can't bring myself to watch the highlights....

sigh.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
I've calmed down a bit now but I still can't bring myself to watch the highlights....

sigh.

Maybe you can take some *some* heart in knowing that 23 points was, at least, a respectable output by the offense?

I dunno, I'm reaching for whatever I can find.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I just gotta say I LOVE Pittsburg's throwback uniforms! They take a bit of getting used to, but they win every time they wear them.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
So was the early start for the Falcons popular? I know Chris Collingsworth quite liked it. Football with breakfast!

nealraisman

tenured at Mammon U
Registered
Reaction score
51 points for the Patriots. Yes. they are just starting to roll as did thye Patriots of past years. It may be Superbowl year.

CatchVonnegut

Registered
Reaction score
Only 175 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes until the draft starts.

Sincerely,

A Jets Fan

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
Only 175 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes until the draft starts.

Sincerely,

A Jets Fan
I'm sorry. :( *would offer a hugs but expects you don't want any from a Bills fan this week*

For what it's worth, I feel like I start that countdown every year... about the time the previous draft ends.

CatchVonnegut

Registered
Reaction score
Somehow, I just have to sympathize with anyone who's a Jets fan. Even more so if they are both a Jets and a Cubs fan.

Thanks. Funnily enough I actually live in Chicago these days. My experiences as a Jets fan have definitely helped me bond with the locals.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
The NFC south is so bad this year. Tonight's game between the Panthers and Saints is for control over the division, despite both of them having losing records right now.

Lord of Chaos

Let Chaos reign
Registered
Reaction score
Yep NFC South is hot garbage (no offense to any fans of those teams intended). New Orleans has 2 straight wins but before they beat Green Bay no team in that division had won a game in 2 weeks--that's brutal.

Worst part is, there might be a 10 or even 11 win team that misses the playoffs in the NFC because a possible 8 or 9 win team from the NFC South will automatically make the dance.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Dolphins really proved themselves against the Chargers, destroying them 37-0.

Also, it was nice seeing Sanchez showing what he can do when he has decent targets to throw to and a good OC to work with. He's not going to threaten Foles' starting job anytime soon, but he showed that maybe he wasn't the problem with the Jets.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Rams beat the 49ers. The Rams may be a bad team, but they are doing a decent job of being a thorn in the side of their division rivals.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Rams beat the 49ers. The Rams may be a bad team, but they are doing a decent job of being a thorn in the side of their division rivals.
The 49ers played a miserable game from start to finish, basically self-destructing every chance they got.

They'd better turn it around pretty damn soon or they will lose their fan base. Fans already aren't very happy because the 49ers moved out of San Francisco to a suburban stadium, then jacked up ticket prices hugely, charged obscene fees for parking, and with poor planning there are traffic jams that make going to a game a total nightmare.

Add to that, several less than stellar individuals off the field – Aldon Smith with several DUIs, purchasing illegal semi – automatic weapons, and firing guns at parties.

Ray McDonald charged with domestic abuse, the packs of which have been suppressed so that no one knows what really happened, while he continues to play.

Colin Kaepernick, the immensely rich face of the franchise, is a sullen, snobbish personality who clearly has nothing but contempt for both the media and the fans. He makes it clear at every press conference that he has no desire to be there, and thinks all the assembled reporters are idiots that he unfortunately has to put up with.

Typical press conference: reporter asks , say, a long question about whether the offense sputtered in the third quarter because the opposing team started blitzing at every opportunity and did that affect the game plan at all.

Kaepernick: No.

That's his total, dismissive answer.

Meanwhile, the world series champion Giants are a constant reminder to of how teams and players should be. To a man, (including their manager) they are humble, give both fans and press great access, are always good humored, even when the questions really are stupid, and in general are a beloved bunch of guys. Every one of them gives the impression that they are truly decent people. And they managed to win the World Series without a single player being arrested for beating his girlfriend, driving drunk, or fighting in bars.

The only thing that will save the 49ers is a Super Bowl championship. If they win the Super Bowl, fans will love them no matter what. Unlike the Giants, who enjoyed continued fan support last year when their season was mired in mediocrity the 49ers must win. If they continue to play like a mediocre team, the fans will turn on them.

I have already done so. I can barely stand to watch them anymore, and it's not just because they're playing lousy football.