Once Upon a Time

Sketti

Registered
Reaction score
The show lost me for a bit during the Neverland stuff but I'm back in love with it now. It's Hook. And Gold/Belle. And I'm liking where they seem to be going with Elsa right now...

I do think it's lost some of its cleverness and gained in cheese and it's going too literally Disney but I'm ok with it still. It's light-hearted and that's what I need from my shows right now. Is anyone else getting a bit depressed by all the "grim and realistic" stuff we're getting this century? I love me some grim and gritty sometimes but yikes, my bank account is enough! Let the sun shine in folks! ;)

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
So is Ice Cream lady supposed to be the Snow Queen or Narnia's white witch?

Whichever one Disney owns the rights to.

Speaking of rights, since Disney owns Marvel, maybe they should send Elsa over to the X-Men for some training. I'll bet Bobby Drake could give her a few pointers.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
They own marvel, but not the X-Men, which is why Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch aren't "mutants" in the Avenger-verse, and why Magneto's not mentioned as their dad.

Disney does own Narnia, though. I'm not sure if anyone owns the Snow Queen. That one may be public domain.

richcapo

Knight Templar
Registered
Reaction score
Disney owns The X-Men, just not The X-Men's film rights. Same with Spider-Man and The Fantastic Four: Disney owns these properties -- can print them and license them all it wants -- but it can't film them.

JustinlDew

Shortest Query Winner.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justinldew.blogspot.com
1. I'll bet the money the other ice queen is Jadis.

2. Last night a new ship was launched: Elsa/Emma. I dub thee White Swan.

3. New drinking game this season. Take a shot everytime someone pounds on a door and says I know you're in there. :)

In all seriousness though I'm glad they finally have Jared Gilmore portraying Henry as competent. I wonder if we'll see a Susan, Edmund and Lucy.

Last edited:

asyouwish

Registered
Reaction score
Overall I loved the episode. It had so many of my favourites interacting with each other and the dialogue/action wasn't as stunted as it can be sometimes because they're waiting until the season finale to bring out the big guns.

Emma and Elsa: new bffs yay!
Emma and Hook: love, love, love them so much
Emma and Charming: he's such a great dad to Emma, protective but knows his daughter can take care of herself
Charming and Hook: I always need more of them
Charming and Anna: I love that she encouraged him to stand up for himself

Elizabeth Lail is the perfect Anna. So cute, and badass, and capable.

JustinlDew

Shortest Query Winner.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Pardon my language, but are the residents of Storybrooke fucking stupid? Don't they know now that it's never the obvious culprit?

Witch_turtle

hanging around for a spell
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, it's pretty quiet in here! :(

Who else was glad to see Will Scarlet show up? And what do we all think of the "Snow Queen"? How does she know Emma? What's she plotting?

I was glad to see that Sunday's episode kept to the tradition of everything being less than a day's ride away and everyone being related somehow.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I loved the Knave (Will) on Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, and I hope that his being in Storybrooke means that some of the Wonderlanders will show up. I really like the Red Queen, and as she was trained by Regina's mother, she could be a serious ally.

I like Elsa a lot more than I expected to, but I DO NOT like the other ice queen. I don't know if she's supposed to be the one from Narnia, or if she's lying about being Elsa's aunt, but they need to thaw her out, already. It's one contrivance too many for a show that's - pardon the pun - already on thin ice.

Faye-M

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, it's pretty quiet in here! :(

Who else was glad to see Will Scarlet show up? And what do we all think of the "Snow Queen"? How does she know Emma? What's she plotting?

I was glad to see that Sunday's episode kept to the tradition of everything being less than a day's ride away and everyone being related somehow.

I have a teensy tiny probably-not-gonna-happen theory about how Snow Queen knows Emma. Snow Queen seems new to the town, and we haven't heard mention of her before in any of the many lands we've visited, so I wonder if she's been in the "real world" all this time. Maybe she was one of Emma's foster mothers? Yeah, probably not gonna happen. ;)

I was overjoyed to see Will Scarlet. He was the only decent thing about the spin-off, IMO. (Now to get a Wonderland-related storyline going on in Storybrooke and BRING BACK JEFFERSON. *sigh* A girl can dream...)

Witch_turtle

Registered
Reaction score
One thing that bugs me is we haven't seen Mulan or Aurora and Prince Phillip in a long time. I'm assuming they're in Storybrook now too, since the new curse brought everyone back from the Enchanted Forest to the real world. (Unless some parts got left behind, like before?) Either way, though, Mulan joined Robin Hood's gang, so she should be around somewhere.

I kind of like the Snow Queen. There's something almost sort of vulnerable about her in certain moments, like when she said Emma's name and when she was talking to Rumple. That makes me pretty curious about her back story and her intentions...aside from doing monstrous things to prove that people will treat you like a monster...>.>

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Via wardrobe, natch.

Nah. We've had the wardrobe, and the witch. The lion's all that's left. He's probably frozen as an artifact somewhere like Rumple's store.

I'm guessing they'll try to sell Emma as "Lucy" or "Susan" before the season's out.

If a mysterious lamppost shows up, they should really just run.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Pardon my language, but are the residents of Storybrooke fucking stupid? Don't they know now that it's never the obvious culprit?
And they do love to gather their torches and pitchforks on cue to lynch whoever they've decided to summarily convict, don't they? How many times have they tried to storm the Sheriff's office or the library or whatever to dispense justice? Often immediately after declaring their undying support for their prince and princess.

People, you aren't cursed any more, get a new playbook.

Last edited:

JustinlDew

Shortest Query Winner.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
People, you aren't cursed any more, get a new playbook.

Exactly. Also, I love how for three seasons Special Snowflake Mary Margaret could do no wrong, then when she becomes an elected official they're practically ready to run her out of town on a rail. I really think the residents of Storybrooke need anger management.

OJCade

Registered
Reaction score
I have to say, crazy-vengeful as she is, if I were a citizen of Storybrooke my loyalty would have swung to Regina long ago.

I mean, let's face it. In the Enchanted Forest I would have been a peasant. One evil curse later and I have sanitation, vaccinations, contraception, the internet... My life has just taken a giant step forward. I no longer have to die of dysentery!

Screw Snow White. I'd be side-eying her now too.

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still liking the total absurdity, and for once I like the direction they're taking Henry. I'd love to see him actually pulled into Gold's world as an apprentice. Make him the villain for once.

I don't buy that Rumple would let Anna go that easy. Once she was gone, he had the dagger back. He could have followed her and taken the box without any trouble.

James simpson

Registered
Reaction score
Am I the only one that's noticed that Snow is getting progressively fatter as the season goes on? I swear in the last few episodes i've been a double chin in some scenes.

Witch_turtle

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still liking the total absurdity, and for once I like the direction they're taking Henry. I'd love to see him actually pulled into Gold's world as an apprentice. Make him the villain for once.

I don't buy that Rumple would let Anna go that easy. Once she was gone, he had the dagger back. He could have followed her and taken the box without any trouble.

Agreed about Henry! He's already doing some questionable things what with getting in on Regina's plan to "make" the storybook author change her ending, plus his decision to use Rumple (as my BF put it, "Oh, sure, use the dead dad card!") for his own benefit. I doubt he'll turn into a villain, though. Too much of the story so far has hinged on his being...well, Mary-Margaret's grandson, through and through. Also, does anyone else see a big flaw or two in his "Rumple has a happy ending" logic? (Not that the show's logic is ever great...) Rumple embodies two characters, "Rumplestiltskin", the villain who doesn't get a happy ending, and "The Beast", the anti-hero who does get a happy ending. So just because he ended up with Belle doesn't mean he figured out a way to rewrite the book. Doesn't mean he's going to have a happy ending, either, judging by the dark path he seems to be travelling down once more. Not that Henry would know that part.

James simpson
Am I the only one that's noticed that Snow is getting progressively fatter as the season goes on? I swear in the last few episodes i've been a double chin in some scenes.
Seriously? So what??

Faye-M

Registered
Reaction score
I have a teensy tiny probably-not-gonna-happen theory about how Snow Queen knows Emma. Snow Queen seems new to the town, and we haven't heard mention of her before in any of the many lands we've visited, so I wonder if she's been in the "real world" all this time. Maybe she was one of Emma's foster mothers? Yeah, probably not gonna happen. ;)

AHHHHHHH!!! I can't believe I called that!