Once Upon a Time

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
He is indeed. He's clearly having fun, and not afraid to act ridiculous. I enjoy him in general when he's a baddie, but also in THE FULL MONTY where he's lovely. :)

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
He is indeed. He's clearly having fun, and not afraid to act ridiculous. I enjoy him in general when he's a baddie, but also in THE FULL MONTY where he's lovely. :)

AHH -- he was in TFM??? I have to dig that out and watch it again. It's been forever...

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
He played the lead, the dad. It's funny because he is known as the guy who plays villains or creeps, but the first movie I saw him in was TFM and he was sweet and lovely. Of course since then I've really only seen him in the creep role, but I think it's funny that my first encounter with him should be the exception to the norm :) .

(he's been in a lot, like TRAINSPOTTING, but for a more widely consumed film he was the main villain in the Pierce Brosnan Bond movie - THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH - as the guy who could feel no pain)

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com
He played the lead, the dad. It's funny because he is known as the guy who plays villains or creeps, but the first movie I saw him in was TFM and he was sweet and lovely. Of course since then I've really only seen him in the creep role, but I think it's funny that my first encounter with him should be the exception to the norm :) .

(he's been in a lot, like TRAINSPOTTING, but for a more widely consumed film he was the main villain in the Pierce Brosnan Bond movie - THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH - as the guy who could feel no pain)

He has a less than creepy role in The Tournament with Ving Rhames and Kelly Hu.

robertbevan

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
my favorite bit of dialogue was from episode 3, in the hospital.

where does that door lead?

to the woods.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
That was gearing up to be the best episode yet, until the ending.

I found myself saying, "Wow, this episode is a LOT better than the others," until....

The kid showed up
The Mayor showed up

I'm finding that the kid and the mayor are the weak points for me in this. The mayor is over the top and the kid, well, he just says the same stuff over and over again.

I loved the story of the huntsman. I'm just disappointed that a character who was (literally) non-existent/invisible ......(highlight below to see spoiler)

>>>>was given more to do, a great narrative arc, then offed. Not cool.<<<<

kdesanges

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I was disappointed by that too. But if I am correct, this show was created by the same people who did Lost....and they were notorious for killing off good characters, when you least expected it, for no good reason at all :(

Wonder who's next!

cherita

Registered
Reaction score
That was gearing up to be the best episode yet, until the ending.

This is exactly how I felt! I loved the story of the huntsman too -- it was my favorite of the story world flashbacks so far. But...

I don't really think he's dead, since IMDb has him billed for 22 episodes. ETA: I just realized he could probably still be dead but appear in flashbacks as the huntsman. So never mind.

Ok, now on to a random question I have: so the sheriff is the huntsman, but with all the wolf stuff, are they setting him up to be the big bad wolf as well? I kept wondering that the whole episode, until I got sidetracked with that ending.

Last edited:

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Ok, now on to a random question I have: so the sheriff is the huntsman, but with all the wolf stuff, are they setting him up to be the big bad wolf as well? I kept wondering that the whole episode, until I got sidetracked with that ending.

I could have sworn there was a line in the ep - from Mr. Gold, maybe? - that played on "big bad wolf." I'm guessing the answer is no, that we'll see BBW elsewhere.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I think he will continue to show up in fairytale flashbacks because he didn't die there. I also keep thinking that, because he was the first to remember, he had to die in Storybrooke (for the sake of the story). Still, I hated it because I really liked Graham.

ETA: Who knows, maybe that's how they'll all get back to their fairytale lives. Still sucks, though.

Last edited:

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I actually really enjoyed the episode in its entirety, including the ending. I really felt something when the ending happened and though I really liked the character, and the actor playing him (yum), I appreciate that they actually really got me to care, and care within pretty much one episode.

They keep going back and forth and back and forth with episodes for me as far as quality goes. I wish they would just bite the bullet and make the grown up show you know they want to, and not try to appeal to all ages. Go dark, go sexy, it's on the verge and people want to see it.

I think one of the reasons that the mayor and the little boy are annoying is because they are the exposition tools. Ditto Emma. What made her so nice in this episode was she was in the show as a character, not to forward plot points. I hope they start doing that more with the mayor and the kid. Because as much as I actually do like both actors, they aren't being given a lot to do.

Also, more Mr. Gold please, like maybe a real story involving him, not just him appearing now and then to be creepy and give cryptic messages.

ohthatmomagain

writing, working, weeping, winning
Registered
Reaction score
Loved last night's show, though I really didn't like how it ended. Well, I didn't like that *he* died. I loved his character (as did my sister... she didn't take it well lol). Since Graham is the first to actually die in storybrooke, it will be interesting to see if he is 'actually' dead.

As much as I loved his character, I hope he is most sincerely dead and only pops up via Boone from Lost every once in a while because IF he's not then every other *death* after this is suspect. (and it will turn into the Vampire Diaries where every single main character has died at least once.. it loses its impact after while)

But I will say that the huntsman episode is my favorite so far... and that's coming from a major Prince Charming fan (and he didn't even make an appearance)

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score

He does look like he's having fun, but I'll always see him as Rush on Stargate Universe. He was phenomenal in that show, absolutely spellbinding. It's kind of hard to see him so hammy in this after being super serious, dark, brooding genius.

(sighs)

There is something sexy about him, though. Very sexy.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Agree about Rush on SGU. LOL We've been watching OUaT on Hulu Plus. I'm a bit leery about getting into it because the networks keep canceling all of our other favorite shows just when the storylines get good.

Oh! Another SGU fan! Yes!

Also, I know UOAT has been picked up for season 2, so there is that at least. :)

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
I've been watching, but I would consider myself a casual fan. And then there went my fave character, so I'm a bit bummed out.

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I think they didn't have time to air all the episodes (that wasn't the only one that was skipped) so they kept the episodes relevant to the overall story of the show so that you could catch up and be ready to start with fresh ones in the new year. So the Jimminy Cricket episode, while good, doesn't contribute to the overall plot arc - it was as self contained episode. There's nothing in the episode you would use to catch people up on so they would be able to follow the story.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Caught the marathon with my girlfriend, only saw the episode with Midus and the prince. I plan to catch up on the series with her later this week through OnDemand.

EDIT: No episode on demand. Dang. Going to try ABC's main website and Hulu next.

Last edited:

FrankiiGii

Registered
Reaction score
I've been watching, but I would consider myself a casual fan. And then there went my fave character, so I'm a bit bummed out.

Same here. It can get cheesy in some places. Like the puppet parents in the Jiminy Cricket ep. Or any scene with magic in it. Then it starts getting a little gritty with Graham and there he goes. I seriously hated the character slaughter in Lost and gave it up in the third season because of it. I'm glad I did cause everyone says it was a colossal flop. They better not destroy this!

Also someone mentioned hoping it was only going to be on a few seasons with a resolution already planned. I wish they would do that with more shows these days instead of just throwing some Rory Story Cubes every week and turning it into an episode.