How To Get Away With Murder

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone watching this? I didn't see a thread about it yet. So far I'm really enjoying it and enjoying the mystery.

Rina Evans

Registered
Reaction score
I'm loving it and loving the mystery. I want to know! It's very dramatic, it has some nice gay/bi inclusion so far and little details I like.

It, however, is nowhere near what law school and law practicing are like AT ALL. If you went to law school, you will most likely hate it.

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this show and I love Viola Davis in it. The mystery has me grabbed, no question.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Why do you think the cop/boyfriend lied about her husbands alibi? Do you think he was just trying to calm her nerves or that he's trying to get back at her for making him lie on the stand?

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
I'm loving it and loving the mystery. I want to know! It's very dramatic, it has some nice gay/bi inclusion so far and little details I like.

It, however, is nowhere near what law school and law practicing are like AT ALL. If you went to law school, you will most likely hate it.

That's why I haven't watched. I saw the trailer and just couldn't suspend my disbelief because it's not even close! I had Legally Blonde flashbacks with the whole "the top students get to help me on a case" part. I love Shonda Rhimes, but I just don't know about this one.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
It's absolute trashy awesomeness. I don't believe for a minute that this is real-to-life in terms of law school, but holy heck it's so much fun. I can't stop watching.

Last edited:

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
It's absolute trashy awesomeness. I don't beleive for a minute that this is real-to-life in terms of law school, but holy heck it's so much fun. I can't stop watching.

I may get Hubs to give it a try and give me a run down, haha. Law school ruined most legal drama for me. I can watch Grey's Anatomy and know it's not real to life and it doesn't bug me, the same way knowing a hot dog is a meat conglomeration doesn't bother me. But with law I really know how the sausage is made and once you've seen all the meat and guts squished into the intestines it's hard to block that knowledge next time you go to take a bite. (I've worked in a meat plant, hence the analogies, haha).

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
I may get Hubs to give it a try and give me a run down, haha. Law school ruined most legal drama for me. I can watch Grey's Anatomy and know it's not real to life and it doesn't bug me, the same way knowing a hot dog is a meat conglomeration doesn't bother me. But with law I really know how the sausage is made and once you've seen all the meat and guts squished into the intestines it's hard to block that knowledge next time you go to take a bite. (I've worked in a meat plant, hence the analogies, haha).

Oh gross! :D But I'm still gonna eat hot dogs...and watch HTGAWM.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't say that being in any field "ruined" a type of show for me. :) But I totally get why some people simply can't.

But, entertainment for me is really about decompressing and getting lost in another world. The only "real life" stuff I watch (like news, for example) is Charlie Rose or occasionally BBC news.

I mean, "reality TV" isn't real. It's pretty durn scripted and manipulated, so I can even go along with the fantasy there.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't say that being in any field "ruined" a type of show for me. :) But I totally get why some people simply can't.

But, entertainment for me is really about decompressing and getting lost in another world. The only "real life" stuff I watch (like news, for example) is Charlie Rose or occasionally BBC news.

I mean, "reality TV" isn't real. It's pretty durn scripted and manipulated, so I can even go along with the fantasy there.

I'm the same way. Every now and then something will annoy me but for the most part I just like the escape.

lolabelle

Registered
Reaction score

This is why I can't handle it. I'm in my third year right now. I will say that I love Grey's (can't really stand Scandal), but I wanted to like this show. In my experience, Legally Blonde is more accurate than this show. And, that's the biggest reason I can't handle it--it's really that far off base.

Also, all of the flashback reminders? Come on. We just saw it ten minutes ago, your audience isn't that forgetful.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
My favorite part is the way they show how speedy and well-oiled the machinery of justice is. There's a crime, investigation and trial, often within a few days of each other! Puts my faith back in the justice system, that does!

LOL, I know.

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
It's absolute trashy awesomeness. I don't believe for a minute that this is real-to-life in terms of law school, but holy heck it's so much fun. I can't stop watching.

I agree. It's like getting the salty, buttery popcorn at the movie theater. You know you shouldn't get it, but you do, and then you can't stop eating it.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, this show is as crasters says "absolute trashy awesomeness." I love it. I kind of wish law school were like that, but I know it's not though I did not study law in any way. I'm hooked, for sure! And I'm going to have 2 episodes to catch up on this weekend!

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
I just watched the winter finale and I had a minature frea out. I don't like the procedural aspects. Heck, I actively dislike half of the characters. Yet, I can't get enough of the serial aspects of the show. It's kept me hooked.
Spoilers
It totally blew my mind when they revealed that Annalise and Wes are in on secrets even the rest of them don't know. Also that final fight between her and Sam made me sick. I haven't seen a single redeeming quality in that man.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! That was so not who I thought killed him. First I thought Michaela killed him and was shocked by that. Then it was Wes that actually killed him and I was still surprised.

And did something bad happen to Bonnie with the man at the bar? I was a little confused about that part.

The ending freaked me out too! I can't wait for 1/29!

Last edited:

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know...that thing with Bonnie confused me too.

And I was kind of not that surprised that it was Wes. What kind of chills me though, is how...natural he was with it. At the end..he was so relaxed and acting like nothing happened. That ending through me for a crazy loop, though!

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to finding out if the professor was with the cop before or after finding out her husband was dead.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! That was so not who I thought killed him. Xxxxxxxxxxx I was a little confused about that part.

The ending freaked me out too! I can't wait for 1/29!

Oh, could have used a spoiler alert for that part. :(

Just started watching it. They started it over from the beginning 2 weeks ago.

Enjoying it. Like Viola Davis a lot.

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
I kicked my reason out the window, brought good snacks, and had a great time with it :D

But I cannot STAND the uh, what's-his-name, the supposedly main student and "heart of the show". His acting makes me cry, his characterization makes me want to grab him and make him join my reason. Then I could fully enjoy this show.

EDIT: Wes, right.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone still watching? I have the season finale recorded to watch sometime this week. I still really like it.

I just read this article. Honestly, I was scratching my head. The article talks about why this show is so groundbreaking. And I understand it to a point. The significance of Keating removing her wig and make-up or her mother combing her natural hair was definitely not lost on me. I appreciate Viola Davis' courage in doing those things. But...I didn't think it was "radical." I wasn't "stunned." The gay scenes didn't even make me blink, but the article says it was all so shocking.

Regardless, the show is still a fun one, even if it is a bit of a guilty pleasure. :)

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
I came to these forums just for this topic. Maaaaaaaan that finale! No spoilers, but, maaaaaaaaan! :D

I'm really enjoying this show, it's such a well-made brain popcorn, every now and then throwing something of actual substance at the viewer. I agree with the hair scenes, and the whole mother arch was one of those more serious, well-done things. I love Viola's acting. I've never heard about her before, but she's one of the actresses whose name I will actually remember (and there's not many of those). Such solid performance, I can feel the complex emotions she's portraying. I'm also curious how Connor will go about the finale's development in regards to his personal plotline.

And maaaaaan. How will everyone go about the final scene development! :D