there seriously needs to be a...

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Might help to put the topic IN the subject line. Many people go right past a subject that "baits" you to click. :)

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Circle of Magic series of movies based of the novels by Tamora Pierce. seriously. or maybe Codex Alera, by Jim Butcher...either would make my day happy if done right

Actually, I'd like to see Pierce's Tortall quartets, particularly Song of the Lioness or Protector of the Small; two strong young ladies who undergo significant growth in the pursuit of their goals, interesting side-characters, and some kick-arse battles. Circle of Magic... it could be harder to pull off, since a fair bit of it was internal, IIRC; how magic "felt" to the characters, how they sensed and manipulated it, etc. (I also don't hear great things about the continued quartets, particularly The Circle Reforged... I tried the first of The Circle Opens, and didn't care for it as much as the originals; the new character wasn't as interesting, and I felt a distinct struggle for my interest between the girl I knew and the newcomer I didn't particularly like. Haven't felt compelled to pursue the series since then.)

As for Codex Alera... yeah, nice Roman-tinged otherworld fantasy epic. It would take a studio with a bit of guts, and a fair FX budget, but there's plenty of action plus a solid sales record for the series. I'd think someone would be interested.