• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Dee Mura Literary / Dee Mura Enterprises Inc.

TCRyan

Sci Fi / Fantasy Author
Registered
Reaction score
I heard back from Kaylee Davis of Dee Mura today. It was a polite thoughtful pass on my partial.

scifi_writer

@scifi_writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
meshnovel.wordpress.com
I realize this thread goes back almost a decade. Has there been any recent developments with Dee Mura literary? In searching, I have found writers who claim to be represented by them, but can't find any confirmed sales.

I ask because Kaylee Davis has incredibly friendly, genuine, and responsive to two of my queries (one a rejection, one a partial still being considered). Are they still considered a red flagged agency? Or just an agency that can't make a deal? Any insights?

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Are they still considered a red flagged agency? Or just an agency that can't make a deal? Any insights?

An agency that can't make a deal is a massive, massive red flag. I'd say the second biggest red flag you can get*.

Sadly there's still been absolutely no mention of Dee Mura selling any books, so they don't seem to be going anywhere. It's really quite unbelievable that they've gone a full decade without any notable sales, but they've done it somehow.

*Biggest red flag would be taking money from the writer, which this agency has never done.

Last edited:

Michella

Registered
Reaction score
This was in PM this morning:

Randy Ribay's AN INFINITE NUMBER OF PARALLEL UNIVERSES, pitched in the narrative style of Akira Kurosawa's film Rashomon, in which a sixteen-year-old brings his fellow tabletop gamers on a cross-country road trip to win back his girlfriend, testing their friendship against the elements of the road and one another, especially when one of their lives is suddenly in danger, to Jacquelyn Mitchard at Merit Press, in a nice deal, for publication in July 2015, by Kaylee Davis at Dee Mura Literary (World English).

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Sent Fantasy Romance 16/1/15
R from Kaylee 23/1 with kind request to consider her for future projects.
Ah, to tick another off the list. Not that I mind, though, considering the Dee Mura were on my c-list of agents.

stw_ftw

Registered
Reaction score
Still waiting on a query sent 1/08
YA fantasy/retelling

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm rather surprised and saddened by the seeming lack of response from this agency. I picked up a copy of the 2015 Writers' Guide to Literary Agents barely three weeks ago and it featured an essay from one of their agents.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
This was in PM this morning:

Randy Ribay's AN INFINITE NUMBER OF PARALLEL UNIVERSES, pitched in the narrative style of Akira Kurosawa's film Rashomon, in which a sixteen-year-old brings his fellow tabletop gamers on a cross-country road trip to win back his girlfriend, testing their friendship against the elements of the road and one another, especially when one of their lives is suddenly in danger, to Jacquelyn Mitchard at Merit Press, in a nice deal, for publication in July 2015, by Kaylee Davis at Dee Mura Literary (World English).

The definition of a "nice deal" is $1 to $49,000.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Not finding recent sales. Some conference activity.