How to write spoiler tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamenaglar

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, if this feels like a stupid question.
I've tried using

example

which is what I think usually works. But not here it seems?

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Yeah, I don't think there's an active spoiler code on here. Mostly when we need to spoiler something, we turn the font color white or grey, something light and hard to read.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, you have to put it in white font, which doesn't completely hide it. On my laptop, I just have to tip the screen up to see it. And when someone quotes it, it's all out in the open.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Would someone PM me or post links to someplace with spoiler tags that work in a way you like?

I'll see what I can do. Not promising, but I'll take a look, and definitely keep it in mind for the near future.

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
Would someone PM me or post links to someplace with spoiler tags that work in a way you like?

I'll see what I can do. Not promising, but I'll take a look, and definitely keep it in mind for the near future.

The only use of that specific style of code wrapping for spoiling text, that I know of, is from 4chan: www.4chan.org/faq#spoiler

You pretty much wrap (remove the /) and post. The other users have to mouse over the black box your text is hidden within to see what's inside.

I've seen other forums use something like a compressed quotation box. You press the "Show spoiler" button and the box opens in the post.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
IMDb's message boards support spoilers. Let me go find a post that uses them. (Receding footsteps, then a brisk walk returning.) That was easy. See http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000001/nest/240415822

The user created the blacked-out portion with a tag
his content

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
The only use of that specific style of code wrapping for spoiling text, that I know of, is from 4chan: www.4chan.org/faq#spoiler

You pretty much wrap (remove the /) and post. The other users have to mouse over the black box your text is hidden within to see what's inside.

The Something Awful forum also uses that style of tag. BBCode

Status
Not open for further replies.