• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

KT Literary, LLC (Kate Schafer)

fairy86

Loose on the internet!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats BW!:hooray: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Congrat BW! :partyguy: Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Now take a breath--if you can--because you're in for another long wait. But the good news is, she will get back to you. And even if it's a rejection (but hopefully it's a request for a full), it won't be a form rejection. :D

So it looks like there's nothing wrong with your email afterall. ;)

redlady1

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats BW!

And don't worry overmuch about the synopsis. I read on her blog that she only reads it if she's not sure she likes the partial. Otherwise, she just requests the full and ignores it.

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
I just sent out my materials. Now I just have to put it out of my mind because it will probably be a long wait. "squeaks" I hope she likes it!!

Laura Lond

Registered
Reaction score
I hope she likes it too!! You go girl! So happy for you. :)

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
So excited for you! WTG and hope you hear good news!!!
<crossing mental fingers for you>!

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
Well, it may be up to two months before I hear back. My goal was to put it out of my mine until then--yeah right!

Has anyone else who got a partial request from her heard back yet? If so, how did it turn out?

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
Well, it may be up to two months before I hear back. My goal was to put it out of my mine until then--yeah right!

Has anyone else who got a partial request from her heard back yet? If so, how did it turn out?

Hey BW...just to give you some perspective about the timeline I've experienced with Kate. I queried her on March 15th, she requested a partial on March 28th and just requested the full on April 27th. So she seems pretty fast, well faster than she says because she told me at least two months for the partial and she was nearly a month on the nose. She also told me two months on the full, which I think she'll be closer to that actually as it's more to read. I'm very excited because as you said, any fan of the fantastic Mr. Joss is alright with me!

Hope you hear something good and I'd say it's a good sign that your first response is for a request. As you can tell by my signature, I've had a good amount of rejections. Still, I'm not at all deterred, I only need one agent! ;)

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
Thank you, rose. I appreciate the help! She was about ten days getting back to me on my query (not much different from you), so I hope we have similar time lines--and similar results. Good luck with that full!!!

Also, does anyone know any type of statistics? What percentage of partials she asks for fulls on and what percent of that she actually offeres to? I don't know if such stats exist, but they'd be helpful. I know she's selective with her partial requests, so I feel totally honored for that, but I'm just curious about what my chances are. I guess it all depends on my writing, though. Let's hope my betas weren't lying when they said it was good! lol

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thank you, rose. I appreciate the help! She was about ten days getting back to me on my query (not much different from you), so I hope we have similar time lines--and similar results. Good luck with that full!!!

Also, does anyone know any type of statistics? What percentage of partials she asks for fulls on and what percent of that she actually offeres to? I don't know if such stats exist, but they'd be helpful. I know she's selective with her partial requests, so I feel totally honored for that, but I'm just curious about what my chances are. I guess it all depends on my writing, though. Let's hope my betas weren't lying when they said it was good! lol

I don't know that she has actual stats because who knows what may come in. I think hers aren't too different than most agents where she doesn't find too much to request and then maybe even less to add to her client list. If you haven't checked this out already, she did a live blog last month that should give you a good indication of how she thinks and how many partials she may take on any given day:
http://ktliterary.com/2009/03/a-live-blog-before-i-leave/

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
I've read that one. I'm a blog junkie for her XD. I was just wondering if there were stats for partials that wound up being fulls and so on. Probably not.

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, I love her blog too. Sorry, I don't know about any of her stats. I wish I did but then I'm kinda glad I don't, because what if it's like 1 for every 10 fulls she requests. I already know of one other full she requested from Miss Snarks' First Victim's page so that would really narrow down my chances-lol. I wish the other agent who requested a full from me had a blog, but as it stands, my stomach is already in knots enough without me driving myself crazier.

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
Oh, I know what you mean, but I'm a total stats freak. I don't want to know, but I want to be realistic--it's so insane. I don't think I'd be this nervous with ny other agent, though. It's just that she's my dream agent, and without the feedback of any others, I don't really know where I stand, so I'm flipping out!

I hope things go well with your full. I know she's selective with queries, and that probably means she selective with full requests, so obviously your partial was pretty awesome. Good luck! With both fulls!

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
I can't access blogspot from these computers--I'm at school--so what's it say? A happy story, I hope. XD

Lol, wouldn't that be funny? If we both wound up at the same agency? Talk about good rep for AW, right? lol

Do you mind if I ask who the other full is with?

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I can't access blogspot from these computers--I'm at school--so what's it say? A happy story, I hope. XD

Lol, wouldn't that be funny? If we both wound up at the same agency? Talk about good rep for AW, right? lol

Do you mind if I ask who the other full is with?

The blog post is all about getting "THE CALL" from an agent, but it's from the agent's pov and then she asked for comments from the authors about when they got "THE CALL." It's just a really inspirational post that made me feel really good when I read it. I was happy for all the authors who got that most coveted call and hopeful for myself when I actually do get it. It was funny to read that most everyone was afraid of saying something stupid to the agent, which is certainly a fear of mine. LOL.

The other request for a full came from Beth Miller, assistant to Robin Rue at Writers House.

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
It's so funny that you posted that today because last night I was actually think about, "what if an agent wants to rep me and calls me....and then i make a fool of myself?" Kind of ironic, but still very hopeful. "crosses fingers". Maybe by the time I finish my first year of college I'll have an agent. Dream on, right?

I have a query at Writers House now, but no response. We'll see how that one goes So far, other than a from rejection from Trident, Kate is my only response in over a month of querying.

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm starting to wonder if a lot of agents are taking vacations right about now. As you can see from my signature, I'm still waiting to hear back from about 36 agents. The responses were coming in steadily and while most were rejections, I'm not getting anything now--snail mail or email--when I was getting one or 2 replies a day. So it's making me think that it may be the time of year. Who knows. It's not like all 36 of them are the type who said, no repsonse means no. There are only about 3 who made that statement on their site.

Anywho...good luck on your partial to Kate and your query to Writers House! Keep us posted on both!

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Rose, I'm in the same boat with a lot of queries out there and few responses coming in when it was a steady stream of responses. It's "conference season" so that may have something to do with response times.

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
Thanks Rose! Actually, it's funny because Kate "didn't connect with my character", but the other agent requested the full only a couple hours after getting the partial, saying she "loved Bianca (my MC)'s voice!" So it's all opinion, I guess.

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Rose, I'm in the same boat with a lot of queries out there and few responses coming in when it was a steady stream of responses. It's "conference season" so that may have something to do with response times.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. The rejections are starting to trickle in again...not that I'm egar for them, but I'd just like to know one way or another.