My List of Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinceIWas7

Registered
Reaction score
I recently read Nick Carter's book "Facing The Music" a few months ago, and I was inspired how he would write his goals, on what I believe to be a whiteboard, and to come back to it a few years later to find them accomplished.

I found it pretty neat to see them be crossed off and I mean when you look back on them again, you then look back at the journey that you took to achieve that goal.

Here is what I hope to do:

- Write at least a chapter a day. Go back and review it weekly.

- Look up tips, information, anything else that helps me realize my mistakes and improve my writing.

Especially on dialogue. I want it to be interesting, not luring the reader to sleep.

- Get it read by other people before being sent for publishing.

Before I would publish though, do a ton of research. I'm honestly not even close to this stage yet, but I hope to in the future.

- Prepare for rejection. Take a step back and see what is missing. Keep trying.

Because I read the first Harry Potter book then seeing the movie when it came out. I was fascinated with how the actors looked as if the characters would.

So I hope to see the novel become a movie someday. Seeing it come to life is always a cool experience to me whenever I read books that have been adapted into movies - especially the Hunger Games.

Then there was the moment that when I saw Miley Cyrus in the "Last Song" I literally cringed. That's not how I visualized the character at all.

I know it's a long shot, but I never know until I try. If I don't succeed, it's not the end of the world.

And technically the novel I'm writing is looking to be a trilogy so I guess write, edit, publish, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.