Just discovered flash fiction

Svader

Registered
Reaction score
Oh my gosh I'm so excited! I'm currently working on a novel and a novella. This morning everyone is asleep so I couldn't work on those two and the urge to write was not going away so I pulled out a paper towel and wrote what was going through my head. 159 words later and it was completed. It was so much fun and I can't wait to do another one!

For those of you who write flash fiction how often do you write them? I can't wait to hit 50 posts to see if anyone else likes my first one. I will edit and polish it later when the family gets moving around.

Mainly I just wanted to say hi to the forum and say thanks for letting me ramble on!

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Svader! :welcome: What a wonderful writing discovery you made! I hope you continue to have fun writing flash fiction in between working on your novel and novella. You're very welcome here. :)

Nekko

Back to purring
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gericopitch.com
Hi svader! I hadn't heard of Flash Fiction until I had been here a while. I don't seem to be able to keep myself below 1000 words,(the shortest piece I've written is 1,400) so kudos to you!

I'm sure more experienced Flash fic writers will chime in. Welcome to the cooler.

Spell-it-out

I'm gonna give all my secrets away
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Svader!

The mods here put up some great prompts and hints, and there will be a few of us willing to give some advice if you want to submit to the polished and ready sub-forum.

See you soon!

Last edited:

Svader

Registered
Reaction score
I posted it on the Other SYW if anyone (please) would like to let me know what they think. I wasn't sure if that was where I should put it but it seemed like the best place.

Svader

Registered
Reaction score
Ha ha ha! Just found where you were talking about. Didn't even know it existed so next time I will put it there!

FoidPoosening

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.armorypaintball.com
Welcome! I just found out about flash fiction myself at the beginning of this year; since the start of the summer i've been reading 2 pieces of flash fiction a day, but have yet to finish one myself.

A few ideas in the works, see you around! :)

Dan aka FP.

Orangetober

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to this whole flash fiction thing but so far, I really like it. It seems like a good tool for when I need a distraction from a larger piece of work and need a break from it. Or if I have an idea that is different enough from other projects and want to give it its own space.

Svader

Registered
Reaction score
Right now I'm doing a story a day and loving it. Next month I can go back and finish any that are incomplete and edit the others.

I am still working on my novella but it's nice to use these flash pieces as sort of a writing exercise.