Absolute Writers' Blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I started a blog this month, talking about my writing process and some of the challenges of being a creative Aspie, along with the occasional inspiring quote.

http://deleyanlee.wordpress.com

The header art is the prospective cover for my upcoming book from Foo Bat Books, Legend's End. I think it's kinda awesome.

LGallier

Marketer.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.literaryplus.com
I have two blogs.
My marketing blog shows how I am building the reputation and brand of my Chief Editor, Michael Keenan completely from scratch. The idea is to show Indies how a professional marketer goes about doing this. MKP

Then my fiction blog is little updates about the progress with my fiction. Ink Stained Pawprints.

Patrick.S

Registered
Reaction score
Because what the world really needed was a new writing blog, I started Inner Fabrications. I have writing related thoughts and I am planning on getting cool people to say cool things. Wish me luck.

sophiab

Registered
Reaction score
I have a blog where I post various little writing tid bits and information. I've also started a flash fiction friday post, where I continue a story every week.

www.sophiabetti.com

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Started a new blog with friends at http://www.badfoodie.com/

As the name implies, it's a food blog - restaurant reviews, recipes, etc. My feature will be "Bad Foodie Cooking School" where I do an Alton Brown-ish take on a recipe and break it down so a novice can put together their own homecooked meals.

TheQueenless

Registered
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I began a blog some time ago about . . . philosophy. (Shudder! I know. I tend to avoid large, intimidating words like "philosophy," but when it comes down to it, that's what it is.)

http://too-young-to-think.blogspot.com/

In the future, I'm planning on making it less technical and more fun (if it's even possible for such an adjective to be used to modify the word "philosophy"!) by adding more of a creative writing element to it. I'd really appreciate it if you gave it a look and/or joined the conversation!

Nina Kaytel

I spell Gray with an 'E''
Registered
Reaction score
I have always had this hang up with my writing, and that's my ability to edit. On a forum yesterday, someone told me to return to the basics. So I have. In the second chapter of an old text book it tells me to begin a journal. Write down, ideas, thoughts, anything..... I mulled it over and decided that I needed stakes. I don't intend to make money off my blog, but its to give a sense of realism to my journey to be a better writer. I hope you'll have time to check it out.

http://ninakaytel.wordpress.com/

Karry

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.example.com
I also start a travel blog earlier about India http://www.formertourist.com . However, I update it only once in week but I love every-time when I post anything related India travel. Popular topic of my blogs are: nightlife, top hotels, shopping areas, tourist places, tips and more..

what about your blog?

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I've started a new blog: Learning to run, T'ai Chi style

Ostensibly, it's a day to day narrative about how I apply new principles--based in T'ai Chi--to my running form. In that respect, it will have many useful--hopefully--tidbits of advice and the like for runners or wanna-be runners. But it's also about how this activity impacts my life in general, with lots of references to Eastern philosophy.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I've started a new blog: Learning to run, T'ai Chi style

Ostensibly, it's a day to day narrative about how I apply new principles--based in T'ai Chi--to my running form. In that respect, it will have many useful--hopefully--tidbits of advice and the like for runners or wanna-be runners. But it's also about how this activity impacts my life in general, with lots of references to Eastern philosophy.

Interesting! Will check it out.

cghata

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cghata.com
Read about my transition from teaching to writing

Hi there. I'm a middle school history teacher in New Jersey, but I've always been interested in writing. My absolute ignorance about the world of publishing scared me away from pursuing my passion, however I feel enlightened to the possibilities that are all around me.

Follow my journey at http://www.cghata.com

stephen andrew

Write, write, and keep reading
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to AW. I've been writing for many years, and am trying to engage with the vast writing community online now.

My blog mostly deals with the process of writing as a (currently) unprofessional, in that the bills are payed in other ways, and writing flows out of my less-than-abundant free time. I also update on the progress of writing my novel and seeking publication, sharing what I have learned along the way.

http://stephenandrewbooks.wordpress.com

Lorcroftlegacy

Registered
Reaction score
I launched a blog today. The plan is to update weekly if not more often.
I plan on covering a wide range of topics including writing, pop culture, me and maybe even politics if something really rubs me the wrong way.
My first post is up and details how I became a writer.
Here's to hoping it doesn't become a weekly list of my favorite movies.
The link's in the sig, but here it is anyway.
http://thisislorcroft.wordpress.com

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, y'all! I started a blog this month, called ClarksonPunk. It's about all things Steampunk, Dieselpunk, and New Pulp. It's eventually going to include original fiction, but for now, it's mostly book and movie reviews, discussion of all things Punk. I update on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Find it here.

Mary Thornell

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all - thought I'd wander in here and post information about my own blog(s). I have three set up, but the only one that has been consistently active is the first one Im listing. That's because I am partners with another writer. This blog is technically a "writing" blog, but for the most part, it is for the purpose of my friend and I to have fun "playing dolls" with our favorite Old West characters from television, movies, and real life. We may or may not be accurate history wise, we may wander a bit with our plotting, we have no other goal than to flex our writing muscles, and yes, act out scenes that we would like to see with our favorite characters. We don't pretend to do anything other than enjoy ourselves.

That blog is Old West Redemption

I have two others that are listed in my signature, but I havent updated them in quite some time. I become torn between writing for my blog and writing for my WIP, and I daresay my WIPs get more attention (if at all). It takes a good half day for me to formulate a decent blog post that is spelled correctly and relevant and makes some amount of sense. I tend to ramble and get off subject when I just "write on the fly." However, I will make more of an effort to try and update the other two...

Status
Not open for further replies.