Green Tomatoes

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The other thing we have a lot of today is green tomatoes. Has anyone ever made fried green tomatoes? Is it worth doing, or does it make a better movie, all things considered? Favourite recipe?

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've made them. They're okie - I mean they are what they are, if you know what I mean.

This is my fave thing to do with green tomatoes. It's awesome. Goes with everything, on tons of stuff, as a side on a ploughman's-type plate - it's great.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've made them. They're okie - I mean they are what they are, if you know what I mean.

This is my fave thing to do with green tomatoes. It's awesome. Goes with everything, on tons of stuff, as a side on a ploughman's-type plate - it's great.

That sounds great - and even more importantly, I have all those ingredients! Thank you :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You might be pleasantly surprised by fried green tomatoes. I wouldn't want them every day, but it can be an interesting change of pace.

One of the local restaurants here features them on the menu all the time. http://www.lovelesscafe.com/eat/cafe-menu/

My mother made green tomato relish.

Last edited: