How to do this and not get in trouble!

aguywhotypes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
abstractsbybrian.com
I'm going through a how to book on writing that I really love.

I want to work through it in real time on my blog. However I'm not sure how to go about it since it has a lot of questions that it asks you to help you narrow down what type of writer you are and what type of ideas to come up with etc.

Sure I can post my answers on my blog.. but.. if the readers don't know what question I'm answering.. the answers wont really make sense. So I want to type in the question as well but that is kind of the whole meat and potatoes of the book and I want people to buy the book not just get it off my blog.. and no I didn't write the book, I just don't want to get in trouble with the author..

maybe I should try the contact the author and just ask..

you have not because you ask not, yes?

how should I go about this?

JustKia

My inner voice has terrible grammar
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe include the question within the answer.

My favourite foods are peanut pizza and gooey hotdogs and I like to wash it down with fizzy coffee.

vs

Peanut pizza, gooey hotdogs and fizzy coffee.

The reader can infer from that that you were asked what your favourite food and drink is - you haven't actually written the question down (and the actual question could be worded myriad different ways) but the reader knows what your answer is about.
I've over simplified because I expect some of those questions aren't going to be straight forward but hopefully you get the idea...

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Be very careful about using other writers work on your blog. It is always best to seek permission...

aguywhotypes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
abstractsbybrian.com
I did contact her and she replied thanking me for at least asking. In a word, "no". She did tell me to summarize from a first person POV. For example:

"Today's blog post will be about developing ideas for a story" and then my process in how I went about it indirectly.

I have for now decided to drop it since I realize that I'm way to much a beginner and the book I don't believe was designed for a beginner, these are my own feelings and not sure if that is what the author intended or not. I have a lot to learn about the craft before I get to something like that.