Hello

NicaCurt

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Absolute Write Community.

I've been a long time lurker and this is my "coming out" party. It's official, I can never step back into the shadows. I hope to continue to learn from everyone here. I can't even begin to tell you the number of bookmarks I have to topics in this forum, so I thank everyone for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

A quick few things about me: I'm looking to self-publish my first book soon. I write LGBT related themes (not always -- but mostly). And I write from my tiny home in California. If anyone is out this way, let me know.

See you around. I look forward to making friends on here.

Nica

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.........Are there really people that pay $5.00 for a cup of coffee? Good grief.<maybe I am just lost in the 60's.>

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Jo West

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jowestimages.wordpress.com
Hi Nica - welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie from California. I only lurked a day or two before joining, but still not much of a poster :).

Last edited:

BMajor

Probably judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Nica! Nice to meet you - welcome to AW!

NicaCurt

Registered
Reaction score
The welcome from all of you is like a huge hug. I love the good vibes. @T Robinson - Yes, people pay that much and I am one of those addicts that have done this before. :(

@Jo West - Yay. Another Cali person.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet another Californian. I'm looking forward to reading your comments on the boards now that you're no longer lurking.

Welcome (officially).

rikg73

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Nica. I'm new here too. Bit daunting to be honest it's massive!

EarthPark

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Welcome and this Party is 'Free!!!' so you have that $ for coffee. And the knowledge inside AWC is priceless.

NicaCurt

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and this Party is 'Free!!!' so you have that $ for coffee. And the knowledge inside AWC is priceless.

She is a drug and I am at her mercy. It's also hard to be invited to go get coffee and avoid buying your favorite drink. I bite the bullet and fork over what I have. Maybe I'll "forget" my wallet next time to avoid temptation. :) Then there are times I go and write at those shops to switch up my environment, so I reason that I'm "paying" for their wifi usage. Justification for caffeine...I am addicted. :Coffee:

lilmerlin

We are many - and get along fine!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gruy.biz
Hello NicaCurt! I am probably as far away as possible from California, so we will have to have our coffee's independently. But I hope you will have a great time here. BTW I'm writing from my tiny home in Vienna/Austria ;)

Reaction score
Welcome to AW.

Nica, nice intro!

I think there's the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) community at AW. And such writers as yourself should also include and write about the intersex people. They don’t classify themselves as male or female which poses a bit of a problem. A new pronoun should be invented for intersex individuals so we can address them in proper manner.

Anyway keep on participating and you'll win lots of friends and interlocutors :)