• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Readers for High Fantasy, 100k Words, potentially swap 9-28-14, still looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I am seeking some beta readers for my high fantasy story. It's currently 100k words long with 45 chapters. I'd be looking for critique on just about everything. I've haven't had anyone read the full story yet (Pretty sure this is the first time I've searched for a full beta-read on this one, too) so I'd be looking for opinions on the prose, characters, plot, grammar, spelling... chapter length, pretty much what works and what doesn't all around.

I'm calling this story The Mantle. It's had the same title since I started working on it but I am open to change. It opens with a woman finding herself in a prison with no memory of who she is or how she got there. I have posted most of chapter one in SYW, so you can give that a read to see if it's your thing before you take a look at the rest: The Mantle ~ Share Your Work Topic

I'm open to doing a swap as well. I can be a bit finnicky though. I greatly prefer science fiction and fantasy. I have a slight aversion to young adult, but a major aversion to romance-centric stories.

No contact preference really, post here or PM me. Still looking as of 9-28-14.

Last edited:

JackdeNileth

Eternal Darkness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jack-de-nileth.com
I've got a 133k epic fantasy novel that could still use some prying eyes (as I haven't received any full feedback yet and only made some changes in the beginning), so we could exchange the stories if you want.
Can't promise how fast I read though. Totally depends on how gripping the story is and how busy I am with my other projects.

Here's what I wrote about it in another thread.
I've finally finished the first revision of the first book in my series, and although there's certainly more that could be changed (as I've seen by doing a second revision of the first three chapters) I don't see any point in going through all of it again without some input.

So I need some betareaders!
It's the first part in an epic fantasy series and 133K words long (spread over 13 chapters and some interludes).

Be warned that the book includes graphic descriptions of violence and even torture. If that's not your cup of tea, then you'd better refrain from writing me. The book does contain humor and other light-hearted moments, though.

The book is actually only the first half of a story, but I've decided to split it into two, since it has grown much longer than expected. It does have a grand finale, though. As well as a cliffhanger that I could omit, but that'd be kinda boring.

Here's a short synopsis:

~I am the Harbinger of Destruction and it is my fault that all of creation has perished~

A Decaying World tells the story of Drake, a young man who gets pulled into a cosmic game against his will. And it seems, that he has already failed.
But the forces that have set everything into motion give him one more chance, and so the Wheel of Fate begins to turn once more.

Follow Drake on the first part of his journey through the realm of humans, through a vast desert, through ruins of an ancient civilization, until he will ultimately be confronted with a harrowing truth.

If you're interested, send me a message.
I can send you the story as a word, pdf, or mobi file.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
PM sent :)
I could still use more beta readers and I could do one more swap.

Last edited:

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
Gonna give this a bump; still looking for beta readers.

Last edited:

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
One more bump: Still looking for beta readers, and I'm open to doing a swap; Just fyi I greatly prefer science fiction and fantasy. I have a slight aversion to young adult but a large aversion to romance-centric stories.

Last edited:

Jack Asher

Differently rational
Registered
Reaction score
Dude, anyone with a Vorlon avatar will get something from me. I'll PM you with contact details.

Status
Not open for further replies.