tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Would you settle for Reese's Pieces and ginger ale? The breakfast of champions!

(As long as it isn't "There is no coffee".)

Ah...a lovely spot, indeed. Reese's pieces and coffee galore. I should have come in here sooner!

:hi:

I'm a wandering rambler, bumping my way through the AW boards with lofty ideals of writerly improvement that sometimes devolve into dismal procrastination. [Today might be one of those days - though I have spruced another 1K words from my finished novel while double-fisting coffee. Those words have to go somewhere, so... :evil].

I'm working on an epic fantasy series in addition to the urban fantasy romance I'm hacking/er, editing, at the moment. I keep jumping between the two projects depending on how frustrated I get with the one. I like dwarves, elves, dragons, trolls, frost giants and gargoyles, among other things.

*taps chin thoughtfully*

Oh, and I like shiny things. So I sometimes follow Sara around, catching her glitter. She puts up with me as I'm mostly harmless, as long as I get my coffee.

:e2coffee:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I saw one once where some guy was in an interview and was asked about his weaknesses. His answer was, "No way! I'm trying to sell you a product here, I'm not going to tell you its weaknesses!" Which was apparently well received in the interview. Of course, I'm not sure I'd be willing to take a similar tack, but still.....
That's a clever answer, but I'm not so sure how it would come off on in written form. That would be an excellent answer for a sales position.

This is an exercise in learning how to frame a positive as something negative, such as, "I can be a bit of a perfectionist about getting things done right", "My water-walking and turning loaves to fishes sometimes alienates my coworkers", etc.

I just said I get frustrated when there's a lack of progress. It's all I could come up with. :Shrug:

ION: I actually wrote something today. I started an outline for the third draft of my first novel. Outlines are something new for me. I'm hoping it'll help me maintain focus and assuage some of the anxiety I've been experiencing recently when I try to write.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and I like shiny things. So I sometimes follow Sara around, catching her glitter. She puts up with me as I'm mostly harmless, as long as I get my coffee.

We do have coffee here, so you're in good company. ;)

Welcome to the Cantina, Winks. :hi:

ION: I actually wrote something today. I started an outline for the third draft of my first novel. Outlines are something new for me. I'm hoping it'll help me maintain focus and assuage some of the anxiety I've been experiencing recently when I try to write.

Good luck. :)

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all. Hopefully it's not a double shot of Monday for anyone today. I've got a lot to do before friday so I'd better get hopping. ;)

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Good morning Cantina!

*polishes table*

*fluffs pillows on chair*

*slurps tea*

So...today is my first day of grad school, round 2. Been a while since I was in academia. Part-time studies + (part-time job x 2) + writing a novel = #WhatAmIGettingMyselfInto?

Someone get me a TARDIS. I might need it :D

That being said...I'm super excited. *flails* :banana:

tjwriter said:
We also had torrential rainfall of doom this morning.

Hot and humid here today. If you could send some our way, that would be great...just not between the hours of 4pm and 5pm. I'll be outside walking from work to class at that point. :D

Hoplite

Return of the Coffee Shield
Registered
Reaction score
Ah...a lovely spot, indeed. Reese's pieces and coffee galore. I should have come in here sooner!

:hi:

We do have coffee here, so you're in good company. ;)

Welcome to the Cantina, Winks. :hi:

Good luck. :)

*burrows into smibble pile* Guys! I is tired! Someone bring me coffee so strong it's sludge. Oh and sugar, lots of sugar.

*doles out coffee so thick you need a spoon to eat it*

*Strides into Cantina wearing bison-fur cloak, bear-claw necklace, elk-antler helmet, and beaver slippers*

Hello Cantina! Welcome tiddlywinks. I see the coffee has been well tended to in my absence (I NEEDS IT).

...where did these scorch marks on the wall come from?

Good to see everyone doing well.

I wish I lived in a Classical Greece-like society

Amen.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Cantina!

I'm tired. That's all I've got.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Friends!

Writing is going smoothly for me today. Made up all the words I missed after not writing for four days. The kids are being kind and actually letting me get things done.

I'm now worried that aliens came and switched my boys out with well behaved clones. I need those aliens to come back and make a productive, house cleaning clone of me. ;)

So how are y'all?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Thanks for the welcome and coffee, all!

I can use it as I continue to slog through my edits. Nasty habit of dependent clause overusage that I must nip in the bud as a certain Resident Alien brought to my attention.

*sighs*

*stares at screen*

stupid dependent clauses

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
I'll lose my writterly card for this, but I don't know what those are. :gone:

Please see Reziac's excellent lesson* on the subject since I'm too mired in the "seek and destroy" to coherently explain.

*hand twitches toward coffee again for fuel*

(*and no, that is NOT a subtle ploy for more QL crit..I'm good. HONEST. Got more than enough to chew on.)

*rubs still slightly squashed nose and sighs at computer screen again*
(Reziac, you are still awesome. Though I might have cursed your name - in like a witches from MacBeth way - when I looked at my first chapter last night and went "awwww...MAN! I gotta edit this again...")

Can I add "ing" verbs to my hate pile today? Yeah, "ing" verbs. That aren't being used properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.