SciFi/Fantasy First Line Game

Sollluna

keyboards: useful for typing errors
Registered
Reaction score
The secret to good microbrew is excellent barley, full-flavored hops, and selecting just the right Martian bacteria for the fermenting process.

Katalyst

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The explosion happened in an instant, he wasn't even aware he’d dropped it, nor would he ever be for that was the moment the world ended.

silentpoet

Registered
Reaction score
Earl Hennly was proud of his underground grow operation for the last time just before he died.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
"This is the first time we've seen this incredible species since our ancestors eradicated them six hundred years ago," I said, tapping the stainless steels bars of the squirrel's cage.

EffinGoose

Registered
Reaction score
No one knows the name of the race’s original creator, mostly because he didn’t have the wherewithal to consider that the plan to create and enslave intelligent, omnivorous, shapeshifting killing-machines might go awry.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
I see her every morning, but the curse placed on my family still prevents me from memorizing my wife's face.

RikWriter

Banned
Reaction score
This is the actual first line of my latest SF book:

Angela Pirelli squeezed her eyes shut against flashes of colors she shouldn't have been able to see, shaking her head to clear it from the existential debris of a transition through one of the jumpgates.

Dr-I-Know-All

Registered
Reaction score
My arm got cut on the sharp piece of gerillium poking out from the gas-harvester's collection chute.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
One of the people in my head will die this afternoon.

Last edited:

aspiringauthor123

Always swimming against the current
Registered
Reaction score
Geoffrey sat down with his morning coffee, all three eyes watching the twin suns rise in the sky.

Imriaylde

Registered
Reaction score
I am not the only sixteen year old in medical school.

(I know, it's not super interesting >.<. Course, the first line of my fantasy WIP is even less so. It takes a few lines to get really interesting!)

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
"Should I fight the good fight or continue to chug this Demon down," Kildan thought with the same interest one gives to a wet rock.

JackdeNileth

Eternal Darkness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jack-de-nileth.com
The time has come to escape this apocalyptic wasteland we once called home, to turn back time and undo our mistakes, so why does this day keep repeating itself over and over and over again?

T J Deen

A Necessary Evil
Registered
Reaction score
He was finally beginning to understand that the frozen suns of the nether dominion could not be found with something as pitiful as a galactic star map.

T J Deen

A Necessary Evil
Registered
Reaction score
When left to their own devices for hundreds of years the AI's that goverened the day to day operations of the Crystaline City began to develop their own religious beliefs and systematically tore the city apart from the inside out.

Jack Oskar Larm

Just me and my guitar
Registered
Reaction score
Against strict orders, I fished out the petri dish from the refuse, because I was sure there was still something to learn from the observations of the experiment labeled Milky Way.

Katalyst

Registered
Reaction score
"Beauty truly was in the beholder of the eye," I thought, the pulsating veins of the fleshy blob pulsating against my palm.