SciFi/Fantasy First Line Game

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The ancients probably came up with the idea of Ezekiel's wheel to describe a solar eclipse, but I had a feeling humanity's descendants, if there were to be any, wouldn't be attributing this particular eclipse to such a mundane natural phenomenon.

Wokmistress

Tamry's eyes were closed as she danced, a silent smile glimmering on her lips as her sword wove a web of steel and light around her, a mantle of protection.

Euan H.

Unspeakable
Registered
Reaction score
Website
euanharvey.com
Gaius Claudius Milo Grassi--Imperator of Rome, Caesar, and Dominus Mundi--waved once more to the crowd cheering wildly in the Forum, trying not to wince at the crackle of static from his earpiece.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Not counting sheep, there were no witnesses when the waters of the loch began to pulse and rise. When the shepherd returned, it took three days to discover that the five survivors of his flock that hadn't drowned were all struck blind and deaf.

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Within hours, Boyd Malkin--sit down comedian out of Titan-- discovered why anal-probe jokes didn't go down well with the strangely sombre colonists on Nebulion IV.

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
badducky said:
You know you're going to have to write all these stories now, right party people?
Of course. You don't think I just made up a line for a game, do you?

Or was that the object of it?

Euan H.

Unspeakable
Registered
Reaction score
Website
euanharvey.com
badducky said:
You know you're going to have to write all these stories now, right party people?
Of course. Just as soon as I learn how to write second lines . . .

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, duck.

Not the opening line. But "of" the story. A portion appears in SYW.

Kentuk

I want to write what I want to write
Registered
Reaction score
I plugged the black box into the phone line and pressed the button on the next person to curse me while I made my pitch; sweet joy.

Selcaby

Writer of wrongs
Registered
Reaction score
If my elf parents hadn't stolen the real Janey Phelps and left me behind in her place, maybe I'd fit in better at school.

Selcaby

Writer of wrongs
Registered
Reaction score
When my sixth clone failed in his mission I sent him straight back to the vats for recycling, and by next morning number seven was ready.

Last edited:

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
When the space boogers invaded my kitchen, I killed them with the first weapon that came to hand: meat tenderizer (powdered, not mallet).

RedWombat

Runs With Scissors
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ursulavernon.com
It was a bad day out on the range. Cattle were getting mutilated at a shocking rate, and no one had yet figured out that it was suicide.

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
As the goblins started to swarm down the sides of the poorly dug ditch, Spurwell Gobblefeet cursed the dwarves who had told him a spatula was the prime weapon against the forces of darkness.

civilian chic

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MightyPenEditing.com
“Lies, schmies … Come on, Rachel, who does it hurt to entertain the possibility of little green aliens? I know it’s silly, you know it’s silly, but does Ted know it? No. Ted likes the idea, Rachel. Let Ted like the idea. It makes Ted happy. It’s not lying.”

Happy B-Day, J. Weiland :)