Examiner pay question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelia23

Registered
Reaction score
I write for the Examiner and like doing so. However, I noticed my pay has dropped drastically. I haven't gotten as much content on as I usually do (since July) because of personal problems, but this month I am about where I used to be on articles per day and the pay is almost non existent. Have things changed or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

WEKolodzieski

Registered
Reaction score
I've been writing for Examiner.com for about a year now. From what I hear talking to older members/former members is that the pay rate is about the same it's always been, however I've learned there is virtually no marketing on behalf of them. If you want your articles to be read you're pretty much on your own, having to promote yourself via Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites. While it's true that as a writer you should always be marketing yourself anyway, it's more than a little messed up when content sites such as these don't help. I also don't quite believe the numbers they claim for how many hits your piece gets. I don't know, I write for them simply to build my portfolio as I'm just starting out as a freelance writer. I wouldn't bother writing solely for them. Who knows, perhaps I'm at fault for "not marketing myself" in accordance to their criteria but I don't have much faith in them. That's just one writer's opinion. Good luck with your endeavors.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I would not expect marketing from content sites. The main thing to look at is whether the drop is due to less traffic, or less pay per impression. then whether this phenomenon is site wide.

Examiner lost me when they started putting heavy pop up ads on their pages, but they get pick up as a media site so there is potential for heavy traffic if you report current news.

Status
Not open for further replies.