WeBook?

MorganMarshall

I keep my head firmly in the clouds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gutsandglorybooks.com
Since it crashed a few months ago, I know a lot of writers bailed (and for good reason), though it's back up now. Whatever. I'm just wondering who's here from there, or used to be a regular part of it? What was it like, before its apocalypse?

MorganMarshall

I keep my head firmly in the clouds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gutsandglorybooks.com
Exactly. It's such a great idea, but it's so slow there. I was just wondering if anyone is planning on going back / going there for the first time.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Hand me some of that popcorn, will you, Medie? I'll need it to get through your mahoosive signature paragraph (which is actually several paragraphs, I note. Pedant that I am).

Deleted member 42

Hand me some of that popcorn, will you, Medie? I'll need it to get through your mahoosive signature paragraph (which is actually several paragraphs, I note. Pedant that I am).

Technically, they're text blocks since a paragraph implies an ordered structure of sentences, but whatevs . . . .

Can I offer you some more :popcorn:? Maybe a :pinata: ?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I so love it when you out-pedant me, Medie. You do it so well.

I'll have two boxes of popcorn and one pinata, please. I'd prefer my pinata to have the correct accents over it, but don't know how to do it on AW. There is pedant-distress in abundance here.

Deleted member 42

I so love it when you out-pedant me, Medie. You do it so well.

I'll have two boxes of popcorn and one pinata, please. I'd prefer my pinata to have the correct accents over it, but don't know how to do it on AW. There is pedant-distress in abundance here.

Piñata. But doing it that way won't trigger the emoticon/smilie . . .

:pinata

Or this one:

:deadhorse:

Mind, now I'm wondering if I should add a second instance of the :pinata graphic to the database, and associate it with the tilde version . . .

Or maybe, just turn off all sigs completely . . . then I wouldn't have to worry about sigs with malware links . . .

It's all so very complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Piñata. B
Mind, now I'm wondering if I should add a second instance of the :pinata graphic to the database, and associate it with the tilde version . . .

I have wondered now and then (well, just now aksherly) whether we shouldn't have a hybrid of :deadhorse and :pinata - except that the dead horse should be where the pinata is. So it's like flogging a dead pinata.

We could save it for very special occasions.

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Hell, yes. I wants me one of those.

cooeedownunder

Grateful for the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.australianflavour.net
Okay, I've worked it out. I looked really hard at the graphics. I'm not stupid you just need better graphics. Like a Piñata with all the stuffing or lolies flying out of it when it's whacked.

James M M Baldwin

Caught Somewhere in Time
Registered
Reaction score
Webook has really gone off the grid for now. Ever since Hurricane Sandy they've fallen off the the face of the Earth. Any rumors out there?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
You can sell your work on Amazon; using WEBook is free, as far as I can tell.

Your work is just as likely to sink without trace on Amazon as it will on WEBook, but Amazon has one major advantage: people know about Amazon.

horsedragon

Registered
Reaction score
The site looks interesting and seems to have or have had a lot of activity. I've signed up (after reading quite a detailed agreement page... yowsa,) and will give it a bash!