Rejectomancy

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
Ty -- Good news on your recent personals -- what an amazing one from Finlay connecting with your column. He tweeted about enjoying finding writers. He's so refreshing.

Thanks, Bat! Totally agree; he's doing a wonderful service to the SFF writing community.

Peace
Ty

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
25 day R from the new EIC at Apex. Not the right fit…but I'm glad it got to his desk at least.

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
25 day R from the new EIC at Apex. Not the right fit…but I'm glad it got to his desk at least.

Nice! I just subbed to Apex for the first time a few days ago... seems like they're falling into a rhythm of "Form R in 5-10 days, personals a random number of weeks after that."

The sub acknowledgement says you can query after 60 days, so maybe Apex-mancy can be a thing again?

Peace
Ty

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
I got a 40+ day rejection from Interf1c, only it wasn't addressed to me or a name even CLOSE to mine. I double checked on Duotrope, and I was indeed rejected, but the letter linked to duotrope was this one addressing someone else.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Rejection today from Black Stat1c, with apologies for the length of time taken (submission was online, on 9 April 2014): "I see I've taken an awful long time to get back to you -- very sorry. I like your story very much, yet can't quite persuade myself that it's right for me/Black Stat1c. I hate to disappoint you, especially after so long, but I hope you can place the story somewhere good very quickly, and send me something new soon. "

(It might have some bearing that I've been published by Andy Cox in the past.)

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
87 day from Ploughshares. Never subbed there before so they either have the nicest reply or it's a higher tiered response. May never know.

Yesterday, a 14 day from Uncanny.

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
Double rejection from Cr0ssed Genres for the "Destruction" themed issue.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Double rejection from Cr0ssed Genres for the "Destruction" themed issue.

ouch ouch. I'm still waiting on that response, now I know it can be like twix and came in pairs.

Ask and you shall receive, mine came today.

Last edited:

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
75 day form R from Crossed Genres today. Noticed that it wasn't just a form R, it was sent out in a batch (bcc was ticked at the top of the email).

Anyway. Moving on with that story.

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
Cr0ssed Genres just tweated that all responses for the 'Destruction' issue have been sent out.

Next up is Indoctrination. Here's hoping!

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
Sh1mmer rejected after my piece was sent to the editorial board. Quick, who else is like Sh1mmer?

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
I will keep 1deomancer in mind but for now I resubbed to Str@nge H0rizons. If I'm going to aim anywhere, I guess there's no harm in aiming high...

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
80-day rejection from Baltimore Review. A little sad about this one.

Melinda Moore

Registered
Reaction score
Ares

325 day form rejection from Ares. I was really hoping for a little more after such a long wait. I also never would've submited there if I thought it would take so long. I do like their product and wish everyone luck who is still waiting to hear from them.

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
325 day form rejection from Ares. I was really hoping for a little more after such a long wait. I also never would've submited there if I thought it would take so long. I do like their product and wish everyone luck who is still waiting to hear from them.

Ouch. Wow, that stings. Condolences to all with recent Rs.

Peace
Ty

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score

Ouch. I'm at 296 days and have been regretting submitting to Ares for about 200 of those days, ha. I won't submit again, that's for sure.

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a (12 day) personal rejection from Str@nge Hor1zons. I'm going to cry.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Another rejection today, which leaves me at only two stories out. I think I'm going to just read the notes from the reader who said yes to make myself feel awesome and pretend the rejection part doesn't exist :tongue