Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASC McLaren

Intended for mature audiences
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I just got bounced from a Irish bar and grill. Four college kids threatened to jump me, I get bounced? That is a first for me.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I just got bounced from a Irish bar and grill. Four college kids threatened to jump me, I get bounced? That is a first for me.
Hmmm. :idea:

There were four of them, so if someone had to go, they probably wanted the bulk to stay and drink more? Also, the college kids probably have more disposable income. Maybe they figure they'll stay and drink more. Plus, less likely to have a spouse to have to go home to or other "responsibilities". :Shrug:

I don't know, but it sounds fun. :D

ASC McLaren

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. :idea:

There were four of them, so if someone had to go, they probably wanted the bulk to stay and drink more? Also, the college kids probably have more disposable income. Maybe they figure they'll stay and drink more. Plus, less likely to have a spouse to have to go home to or other "responsibilities". :Shrug:

I don't know, but it sounds fun. :D
I kinda figured that that was part of math that they used. Boot the one guy, or the four troglodytes and their dates would leave too. I left when asked, but the staff thought that there was a lack of parity, or at least they told me that to sooth my butt hurt. Oddly enough, up until last night I was a regular patron of the grill.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that's terrible. It sounds like they'll be losing out on a regular, after that?

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
No big, you can always haunt here. We have the best beer. Or, uh. BLood. Buckets of blood. Sometimes it's rat poison, pretty sure. Also the flesh of newbs, but I'm pretty sure you already know that.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
One shot of pureed newb comin' right up.

We also have Guinness and most other actual beers, a wide assortment of vodkas, Scotches, the finest whiskeys and tequilas, and other assorted alcoholic accoutrements of the modern bar.

What? We're not complete barbarians...

Oh, and I prefer the term warfarin to rat poison.

ASC McLaren

Registered
Reaction score
I do like your company better, anyway. Damnit, Greg, Bri, what the hell did you put in my drink, I'm getting all sentimental.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
HAH! I'd tell you, but then you'd know how to do it, and let's face it, we can't have everyone walking around with the power of inducing SENTIMENT. Not here. Not now. It wouldn't do, no, not at all.

How's everyone holding up lately, anyhow?

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to watch The Wicker Man today, but I could only find the original (for free viewing). And...it's like a musical or something? I didn't realize. :tongue Well, there was music and singing and dancing at least. :Shrug:

Anyway, I was wandering in and out of the room but came in at one point where a naked chick was dancing around on my big screen. And my curtains were open. :eek: I hope no unsuspecting person was walking by the house at that moment.

I didn't get through it and still want to see the remake. :e2bummed: I may bite the bullet and just rent it.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to watch The Wicker Man today, but I could only find the original (for free viewing). And...it's like a musical or something? I didn't realize. :tongue Well, there was music and singing and dancing at least. :Shrug:

Anyway, I was wandering in and out of the room but came in at one point where a naked chick was dancing around on my big screen. And my curtains were open. :eek: I hope no unsuspecting person was walking by the house at that moment.

I didn't get through it and still want to see the remake. :e2bummed: I may bite the bullet and just rent it.

Hahahaha. I LOVE the original Wicker Man, complete with all the seventies folk music. I insist you watch it again and love it as much as I do. There isn't a remake. Nope. Never happened.

Britt Ekland writhing and banging on the wall. I only have to mention the scene and my husband feels faint.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hahahaha. I LOVE the original Wicker Man, complete with all the seventies folk music. I insist you watch it again and love it as much as I do. There isn't a remake. Nope. Never happened.
:tongue You would! Okay, okay. Because you like it, I'll give it another chance. ;)
Britt Ekland writhing and banging on the wall. I only have to mention the scene and my husband feels faint.
:ROFL:Yes! That was the scene.

Don't get me wrong, she was foxy and everything. I can totally see where your husband is coming from. Actually, I was thinking that I loved her hair :idea: and that I'd start wearing mine more like that. And those thighs! Holy crap, she was in incredible shape.

I will say, that scene (other than worrying me about passerbys outside getting a show) had me thinking about the female form all afternoon. She wasn't all waif like, you know? I appreciated that. I wish we saw more of that in movies nowadays.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
One of my FaceBook friends, probably another demented (you'll understand why I say that in a moment) denizen here, seemed to indicate in a post last night or today that I was one of the best icky bug writers around today.

Of course, she must be completely insane. There's no other reason I can think of.

Excuse me, my ego needs to be beaten back into the closet again...<hefts shovel>

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score

It isn't technically a musical - there are a bunch of very involved reasons, which would bore everyone tearless if I went off on my usual gushing about that film...

:Wha: Nothing in this sentence makes sense.

Um... Break it to him gently, but that isn't Britt Ekland. It is a body double. Sorry. :)

*sneaks in*

*plots doom upon one randomly selected Hound*

:evil

It doesn't count as "randomly selected" when you plot things for me.

Just saying.

:popcorn:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It isn't technically a musical -
Yeah, I figured. But...what else would you call something with that much singing and dancing? (That's rhetorical, btw :tongue)

:Wha: Nothing in this sentence makes sense.
:roll: Yes, I've heard the remake is bad. Actually, I think that's why I never watched it to begin with. But...so...I have this thing about old(er) movies. I struggle to watch them. Very few of them hold my interest. Even fewer do I actually like. (you just put me on "ignore" didn't you? :D)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: Yes, I've heard the remake is bad.

In this instance, the word "bad" doesn't quite cover just how offensively awful the remake is (and instead of making it, they should have used the money to go dig up the missing footage).

But...so...I have this thing about old(er) movies. I struggle to watch them. Very few of them hold my interest. Even fewer do I actually like. (you just put me on "ignore" didn't you? :D)

"Old" is a relative term - most of the 70s films I love I don't consider old, even though most, if not all of them, were from before I was born. See, when you grow up with that stuff playing constantly in the background, it doesn't feel like it is old...

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
See, when you grow up with that stuff playing constantly in the background, it doesn't feel like it is old...
That's a very valid point. I can totally see how that's possible.

Because, I guess there are TV shows from that era that were always on in the background that I still enjoy. For whatever reason it's just movies. :Shrug:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
The only time I stop and stare at the screen with a gaping jaw is when I realize just how dated the costumes are - if you have seen early 80s television shows recently, then you will probably notice just how wide the ties were. Or the flares. Oh gods... the flares. *sigh*

*suddenly feels old*

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*pops in to :e2kissy: BW because of our mutual love for The Wicker Man (and our mutual abhorrence of the "remake")*

That was a body double? Mr. Lily will be upset. So will my sons, perhaps, with whom we watched the movie when they were 16. My God, that movie is brilliant.

BTW, there's a sequel. Don't. Just don't. I saw an extended trailer. It was my way of taking one for the team.

*pops back out to work on a ghost story*

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
That was a body double? Mr. Lily will be upset. So will my sons, perhaps, with whom we watched the movie when they were 16. My God, that movie is brilliant.

The woman who stepped in for the more revealing shots (the head-only ones are definitely Britt) was a local, IIRC, rather than a professional actress. There is a long and involved documentary about the making of the film, which even goes into the rumors about the fate of the lost footage.

BTW, there's a sequel. Don't. Just don't. I saw an extended trailer. It was my way of taking one for the team.

I think I'll pass. Already hitting the limit of my bad film intake, as unbelievable as that might be for some...

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
....it's just that the remake takes place off the WA coast and I really like to watch movies set in my area. :e2bummed:

But I promise I will give the original another shot. Cross my heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.