Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
WalMart's air conditioning was run remotely - like from the Home Office - and budgeted. The overhead lighting would often dim like there were clouds going by overhead. The A/C cycled between on high enough to blow papers off a desk 20 ft away to just not being on or effective at all.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Well, lookee there...

I got a credit (as "translator") on another AWer's book that I did some formatting for.

Of course, it's a pseudonym, not my real, user, or author nom de plume - but I know and the AWer knows.

Makes the old geezer feel a bit proud in this icy old heart of his...

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
Every week about this time I remember why I want to get rich. To be able to spend every that damned Monday morning in my PJ drining tea on my terace or at drinking cocktails in an exotic place on a beach. Damn it!

taichiquan.panda

not the popular one and ok with it
Registered
Reaction score
Every week about this time I remember why I want to get rich. To be able to spend every that damned Monday morning in my PJ drining tea on my terace or at drinking cocktails in an exotic place on a beach. Damn it!

I second that! :)

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I'll settle for reliably comfortably off without requirement of a day job.

And the house not far from my beach.

But that's been on the list so long it almost doesn't need saying any more.

Kind of like oxygen.

And coffee.

Chocolate.

Doritos.

Oreos...

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Something I found funny was that every single lottery winner gains a ton of weight after winning.

So, right now I'm debating going to work on my day off. could use the hours and the money, but the stress and crap might not be worth it. I'm thinking about just standing on the side of the road with a sign that reads, "Kick me in the Nuts--$10" and see if that makes more money. It would be the same thing only without the people screaming at me.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Personally, I'd like to be rich beyond the dreams of my own avarice, but nearly a quarter billion after taxes would have dine it for me (I've got it planned out to separate into 5-6 equal chunks, at least 60% of which is designed to keep me in spending money for life).

I'm not greedy, just avaricious.

:)

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I am waging an epic war against cockroaches this week. *shudder* As some of you know, I hate cockroaches. HATE them. This week, they have been after me. Subsequently, I didn't get much sleep last night.

Archerbird

Nightowl
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll settle for reliably comfortably off without requirement of a day job.

And the house not far from my beach.

But that's been on the list so long it almost doesn't need saying any more.

Is it a private beach? Is the house without cockroaches?
Cockroaches are the grossest bugs ever.

If I won the lottery...

Actually, I would probably just buy more books, comics and DVDs.

I think you have to lower your ambitions. That there's just plain crazy.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Me too. Just came home from camping early partly because of them. Last night I had an...experience...with several hundred bugs in the campsite bathroom that will be giving me nightmares for quite sometime. :eek:

Seriously. I saw some bugs I have NO idea what they were. I'm actually going to try and find out. If I hadn't been so freaked out, I would have snapped pics with my phone. But...yeah, I was trying to not let my eyes focus on anything for too long.

Did I say :eek: yet?

taichiquan.panda

Registered
Reaction score
Not a bug fan either. I've taken too many out of ears in the ED...the ones still living are the creepiest.

Oh..wait, sorry. :Wha:

Last edited:

taichiquan.panda

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but I just finished watching The Booth at the End on Hulu+.

Anyone else watch it? Similar premise to Stephen King's Needful Things (print, not film--loved the book, hated the movie).

If you haven't seen it, do so now. Please. :)

I mean, really, what would you do if given the chance? :Huh:

ASC McLaren

Intended for mature audiences
Registered
Reaction score
I'm longing for the day that I can call in wealthy, from a Caribbean beach that does not require clothes, drinking something rum based, served by someone that doesn't speak English. Ahhhh, dreams.

Niniva

Life is just a bowl of cherries...
Registered
Reaction score
Rhoda, I waged the epic war once. I mean -had to kick the tenants out and poison all the water in the place because the pros couldn't fix it- epic.

Every inch of the place had to be scrubbed. It was so disgusting.

And, I too am cockroach phobic. Well, if phobic means you'll break a leg to kill just one.

It was horrific.

ETA:
Oh, and what would I do if given the chance? Lemme tell ya, NOT A BLESSED THING. I saw Wishmaster. I know what can happen.

I've seen too many people get their fondest desire. It's not pretty; it never is. Oh, wait -- maybe that's just the "people" that I create. Poor fools, possessing wants and desires.

Me, I try to be content with whatever I have. Albeit, it's getting harder. I want a writing-only computer that I don't have to share with the rest of the world. So, I guess that's your answer...

Last edited:

Archerbird

Nightowl
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a question.

*Icky bug question, look away*

I'm willing to take that it might just be my imagination, but am I the only person in the world that can hear the sound maggots make? I mean the white kinds that clump around rotten meat and garbage cans and such. The few times I've come across them, I swear I've heard some kind of high-pitched sqeeky, grinding-like sound. Faint and hardly noticeable, but it's there. Really weird, completely gross.

Just wondering.

*Icky bug question over*

Status
Not open for further replies.