W1S1 Short Fiction 2012--Sign Up Here!

Mad Rabbits

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a newbie at AW. I would like to sign up to this challenge!

I write shorts, although they usually tend to be longer shorts, so I will commit to the monthly.

Got two out already for January, so I'm ahead :)

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to do it. I already have about 4 stories in my editing grinder, so, once they're done, I can start sending out.

I think I'm going to do it weekly.

MeretSeger

The Alydar of Writers
Registered
Reaction score
OK. *deep inhale* I'm in for real, not just hovering and wanting...

Hi, I'm Meretseger, and I commit to write-and submit!- shorts around the progress of my novel in progress.

I sent 4 out this month, one R, and I'm still waiting for word from 2 December subs.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I'm going to do it. I already have about 4 stories in my editing grinder, so, once they're done, I can start sending out.

All right! :welcome: to W1S1, WordCount! May your stories sell lots and prosper :)

OK. *deep inhale* I'm in for real, not just hovering and wanting...

Hi, I'm Meretseger, and I commit to write-and submit!- shorts around the progress of my novel in progress.

I sent 4 out this month, one R, and I'm still waiting for word from 2 December subs.
:hooray: Here's an official welcome cheer: :e2cheer:

Go, Meretseger! :)

WordCount

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Izz. One of the stories isn't really for "selling," though. It's more for the Western contest on this forum.
But, who knows? If I win (fat chance, I know) I will undoubtedly start looking into it for publication.
Of course, that time is still a-ways-away.

WordCount

Registered
Reaction score
I've kept up with my promise, and have sent out a story for this week.
(This one is a REAL long shot.)
I sent my mystery short to Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine.
Let's see how this goes...

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
:welcome: to the W1S1 Short Fiction Challenge, Michael! :hi: There's plenty of hangout places in this subforum, so make yourself at home :)

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score

I'm happy to hear someone else is doing weekly. It seems like most people are doing monthly. I've been having a blast with the weekly. It is a bit of a rush, I think. Good luck.

klc

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.snailinaturtleneck.com
I'm running a little late, but I'd like to join, too! Going to try to do monthly (with a secret goal of weekly).

I actually wrote & submitted two short stories this week, so I guess I'm right on track for monthly. :)

WordCount

Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy to hear someone else is doing weekly. It seems like most people are doing monthly. I've been having a blast with the weekly. It is a bit of a rush, I think. Good luck.

It feels a bit more like running a 5K, than taking a luxurious walk in the park. Y'know?

Ozfizium

Coolest Kid on the Block
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bcertain.tumblr.com
I'm certainly interested in this. I'm confused though. I checked out the W1S1 website, but I wasn't sure how to submit. Do you just send an email to them with your short fiction? Or post it on a blog (if you have one) and send them the link? All it said was, to participate, I need to follow (which I have) and post the badge on my website. But I don't see a badge.

Also, is the absolutewrite W1S1 and the website separate entities? If I want to do both to I have to submit to each?

Sorry for the, presumably, dumb questions. Just a little ignorant on the matter.

EDIT: Nevermind. I think I misunderstood the contest. I take it you write and submit for a literary journal or some other thingamajig. Derp. Well, in that case, I'm down. Let's do this.

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ozfizium :)

W1S1 is the same here and on the blog. Some people hang out at one, some at the other, and some at both.

Yes, you write your story and submit it to which ever market is best for it. Then you write another.

Some people are doing the weekly challenge, one story a week, and some are doing the monthly.

Remember to send them back out when they come in.

Glad to have you with us!

Ozfizium

Coolest Kid on the Block
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bcertain.tumblr.com
Yeah, I'm going to do the monthly one. It fits in my already planned Poem A Day/Short A Month/Novel A Year plan. I think that's pretty reasonable for me, not sure about the novel part though, heh.

Looking forward to being part of the community.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
EDIT: Nevermind. I think I misunderstood the contest. I take it you write and submit for a literary journal or some other thingamajig. Derp. Well, in that case, I'm down. Let's do this.
You got it in one, Ozfizium :) Welcome to AW, and welcome to the W1S1 challenge! :hi: