to POCK CHOP you with. ha!

eta: are you still writing?? give us
an update, please!

LW thanks for the link--very cool.

tas, good luck!

blondie, you're a machine!
i think by the time i get my novel out into
the world (by whatever means), you'll be
on your fifth novel published. no exaggeration.

wow!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*ahem*

I am Frugal and Smart Shopper Goddess. Worship me.

We do a "Yankee Gift Exchange" at my MIL's every year. Limit is $20; everything unisex. This is the fruits of the last hour I spent on the Net:

Gift #1: Zombie army calendar with a zombie-a-month pop-out to create + zombie “skin” food
Gift #2: Neck and shoulder massager (battery powered)
Gift #3: Mini car wet/dry vacuum (plugs into power port + emergency flashlight
Gift #4: 3 desktop calendars (Redneck, Cash Cab trivia, Movie game/trivia)

With all the Cyber Monday promos, I got free shipping on all 4, 20% discount on #s 2 and 3, #s 1, 2, and 3 were on sale, and #4 were all 50% off. That brought everything down to just under $20.

I alos hit up ThinkG33k and got sale gifts + used my g33k points to get 4 gifts (2 for Mr. Lily, 1 each for kiddo and College Boy). Also free shipping.

I rule.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm looking into this YooToob thing, and I have a wonder.

If we set the videos up as "private" only like 50 people can see them. I think we have more than 50 past and present purgies. If we do them "unlisted" they won't all be collected in one place where you can just click through.

Is there a way to put links, or embed, all the videos on a private page in a website where we can just go to one place and look through? That way people can upload their own videos as unlisted and send a link to the site owner, or have the site owner post the video for them?

ETA:

Haha, sorry Mike :D

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I should add that I've squatted on a domain name, so theoretically, I can do the site itself and uploading of the unlisted videos for people who don't know how or don't have a youtube account.

Erm, theoretically.

If I can pick out which stick and sharp rock to use...

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
Pork chop, indeed, Lily! I feel officially welcomed back.

Xiao requested an update, which led me to go check when my last post was. 2 years ago! Wow. It did not seem that long. That's roughly how long I've been at my current job. Hmmm.

As for writing, there hasn't been much. My former agent finished not selling my second book with her and then I got a little discouraged and very busy with that aforementioned job and life and such. About six months ago, I even told my wife that I thought I was done writing. Called it a midlife crisis.

OK, so now y'all are thinking that I came back just to tell you a depressing story. But there may be a happy ending.

So, almost immediately after I said I was quitting, I started revising one of my books. And when my agent said she didn't want to sub it to small presses, I sent it out on my own.

Which may have led to a good thing happening though not officially yet. More to come.

In the meantime, after two years of neglecting all my social networking, it is time to re-engage. So what the heck do y'all do with your Goodreads accounts anyway?

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
did tri just say flying nuts?

pock chop!

sorry, mike. ha!

(tri it is great to see you hereabouts
too!)

mike, this business is so
tough. we each of us know
first hand.

but we're so happy to have you
back and /bootay shake! on
promising prospects! =D

rep???

i'm reading mantel's Bring Up the Bodies.
has anyone else read? i serm to
prefer adult novels while drafting. enjoy
read but wow, she's dense in prose.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't read any of her stuff yet. It's on my list since I love (and write) historicals. Doesn't seem like a book I can read on the bike at the gym, though. :)

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
mary, i didnt know you wrote
historicals! it is a favorite genre of
mine after fantasy--so it makes
sense my novels are a blend in
sensibility.

for most new puglets who don't
know, i created "pork chop" as a
code word to warn mike to all
lewd and lacivious references
made in purgatory.

fruitcake, which we havent seen
in awhile, is warning against naughty
religious references. how that works,
i don't know.

but it hAppens.

this is purgatory, after all. ha

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I stopped sending Christmas cards 2-3 years ago and haven't looked back. I bow to you dedicated ones who still send them!

Same here. I don't miss the yearly nightmare of scrabbling to get cards out on time.

Did someone say "sorry Mike"?

And what have y'all done with Wendy?

Wahey, Mike! Welcome back!!!!

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Mike, so great you are back!!

Goodreads: I don't use my account much except to offer giveaways, and I've been adding some books just to keep track of what I am reading for research purposes. I friend everyone who requests, and have my blog linked to it, even though I have really slacked off posting,

Sounds like you will have news to share soon!

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon, Purgatory!

Welcome back, Mike! And yay for not-quite-official good news!

Xiao, I'm about to start W0lf H@ll, finally. I put if off for ages because of the length, but after she won the Booker again I decided to bite the bullet. I've read several interviews with M@ntel and been very impressed, which also helped my desire to pick up the book, ha.

Right, I'm off to try to get as much of the gift shopping done today as possible.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Morning all - and welcome back, Mike!!

Had a lovely trip to NYC, where my CP and I drank far too much wine and stumbled around Manhattan like two very giggly teenagers, which is probably why I ended up getting next-to-no writing done on the bus home :rolleyes:

Must. Finish. Stupid. Book. If anyone sees me here today, give me a swat on the ass and shoo me out :)

Have a good Tuesday, Purgs!!

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
give me a swat on the ass

So it's THAT kind of party, hm?

Mornin' folk!

Having a day where I woke up already out of patience. Not sure why.

Broke down and sent Rockstar an email last night, 'cause I couldn't NOT. Just tired of being in limbo. (How low can YOU go?)

S'bout it.

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

It is snowy here and I have Spanish class tonight. I hope the roads will be okay long enough for me to get there and back. (They didn't close school today, so even if the road freezes, I'll have to brave the roads. The class is taught at the adult education center and they only close when the schools are closed. I would miss, but this is the class where we get the study guide for the final- I can't miss that.)

I hope to force myself to get some writing done. My self-imposed deadline is shot to hell. I have a sinus infection. Bleh.

MrsBrommers

Registered
Reaction score
Christmas tree was finally decorated late last night. Most of the bottom half of the tree is now devoid of ornaments, thanks to little B. I'm among the people who still sends Christmas cards. I used to do a "what's happening" letter but stopped the letter the year my mother died. She loved Christmas, so it took quite a few years before I even liked the holiday and only in recent years have begun putting up some of the decorations I inherited from her. I think having my kids helped, though it's still bittersweet.

On a different note, I hate it when you take a drink of coffee and get the urge to cough. options are limited: spray coffee from your mouth or nose. Pick one or both.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, purgs! Not having the best of days: Mr. Sunna ended up in the hospital with dizziness, shortness of breath, and slight chest pain. ECG showed only mild and temporary arrhythmia, and I'm sure it's just because he's been living hard --stressed, smoking, drinking too much coffee in the morning and too much cognac at night with his dad, who is an olympic-class drinker of cognac -- but still. He's in Russia and I'm stuck here, and I have never been more aware of that.

Agh. I'm going to go kick something now.

Mike!!! ~*flying-tacklehug*~

*grabs Becky's ass on the way out*

--What? Did I do that wrong?

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Mrs. B- I just wanted to say that your website is really beautiful!

((Mr. Sunna))

Status
Not open for further replies.