Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
I'm home and still want pancakes. I'll have soup instead. :tongue

Also, there was a GIANT pile of puppies at my school today:

90ed0f87-2103-4a77-a4ef-359693ac8f0c_zps7b3169ae.jpg

Best (and most playful!) way to spend a free period ever!

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
OK- I just want to pet those puppies.

Dad got to see the doc. He wants dad to continue the current anti-biotic and try a new cream. Dad goes back on Thursday.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Back slid some today. Was on an emotional roller coaster... That is all. well... Had an odd conversation with my Boss's Boss. She found out I liked spicy food so invited me to go eat Thai food sometime on lunch.... Random because the woman has never spoken to me before.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Caleb, is there anything we can do to help you keep on an even keel? Because if we can, we will. You know that, I'm sure.

The Kid is here to do laundry, and we made a nice dinner with a fair amount of wine, so I'm feeling fine.

Fine enough to recommend you look up Pink Fairy Armadillos.

Maryn, urging you to check out their size

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Pink Fairy Armadillos sounds like code for something. I'm tempted to respond "Dogs barking, can't fly without umbrella."

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Caleb, is there anything we can do to help you keep on an even keel? Because if we can, we will. You know that, I'm sure.

Fine enough to recommend you look up Pink Fairy Armadillos.

Maryn, urging you to check out their size

I don't know... I think this is my body trying to adjust to the herbal antidepressants... If it doesn't even out by the end of next month I'm going to the doctor..... And I want a Pink Fairy Armadillos now!

Caleb, I do believe you've been Cougared. :e2brows:

... I hope not... Nice enough looking and makes money.... but I believe she's married... unless he's into that kind of thing.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Jo, I thought pregnant-lady-hair is supposed to go on hiatus from shedding, which is why they tell women to not freak out after pregnancy when you start shedding again and it looks like a lot.

WritingDemons

Reclusive doesn't begin to cover it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jackykendricks.blogspot.com
Funny, I've chewed out a lot of words today racing toward the hanky-panky stuff (also known as RST) and yet as soon as my characters actually start doing it, my writing will slow down to a crawl.

Because writing sex is hard. I think we've had this discussion in here recently, haven't we?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Nah, apparently it just depends. I usually lose some hair when I'm pregnant, but not THIS much. Apparently there's some hormone or something that can make your hair cycle all at once? Like, usually some of your hair is growing, some is new, and some is dying. But right now all my hair thinks it's dying. I dunno, doc gave me the "explain this like I'm 5" version. :)

All I know is, I've never been the lady who gets great hair, skin and nails when I'm pregnant. My body is just like, whoah! What's going on?! Let's freak out!

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
WritingDemons, do they actually have to do it? Can they just turn off the lights, new scene?
(((Caleb)))
Dys, omg! I want a pile of puppies at my work!

Dragonfly45

Purveyor of the Sparkly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.colbymarshall.blogspot.com
Nah, apparently it just depends. I usually lose some hair when I'm pregnant, but not THIS much. Apparently there's some hormone or something that can make your hair cycle all at once? Like, usually some of your hair is growing, some is new, and some is dying. But right now all my hair thinks it's dying. I dunno, doc gave me the "explain this like I'm 5" version. :)

All I know is, I've never been the lady who gets great hair, skin and nails when I'm pregnant. My body is just like, whoah! What's going on?! Let's freak out!

My hair was sooo great when I was preggers. Now that I'm in the "aftermath," I'm shedding and my hair is horrible. I keep telling my hubs that the woman who has 19 kids did it because after her first pregnancy, she saw what happened to her hair, so she decided to stay pregnant forever. Haha!

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
This thread is now about pregnancy?

Jeez...:)

When my wife was pregnant, her hair didn't fall out at all, aside from the usual amount of shedding she did and still does. In fact, it grew even faster. She was just worried about the inevitable stretch marks. They faded on her very quickly.

I still remember going into the delivery room fifteen minutes after my second son was born. He was busily drinking from one of her feeding stations and my wife lay there, exhausted. "You want another one?" I asked, only half-kidding.

"Come closer," she whispered.

When I did so, she punched me--hard. "Baby factory's closed!"

That's why we have two children.:D

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Not much to report today. Going to try to get some writing done.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Under the "Why not?" heading, last night I subbed my religious horror to a small pub (I have my agent's blessing to do that with this book).

I love these villains. I want to freak out total strangers with them. If no small pub bites, my eventual plan is to try to turn the book into a graphic novel. I'd "just" have to learn how to write GN scripts. In all my spare time. :tongue

FruitTree

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Purgatory!

Now that the marathon talk-followed-by-nonstop-day-of-meetings is over, I am much more coherent. More meetings today but at least I got a full night of sleep last night.

Good luck Lily (btw, my copy of VT is due in today; looking forward to a reading weekend).

((Caleb))

Hope everyone has a great day!

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk!

Yesterday's tiny happy: My car has been driving a little wonky, and my mind had a list going of all the horrible, expensive things that could be wrong with it, starting with the transmission, and ending with a broken tie rod. (I honestly can't even tell you if my car has one of those, but I've heard it's a very bad thing to happen) I also knew my front tires were a little low on air, so last night, I hauled out the air compressor and aired them up some. Car drives perfectly fine now. Yay for cheap solutions!

Hoping to hear back from Rockstar today on my thing-I-can't-talk-about-that-pertains-to-jackalopes.

Did more laundry last night in my new washer & dryer. I have to admit, I have never enjoyed laundry so much in my life.

Trying to make today a better day, but I've already cut myself on my keyboard tray, so it's not looking good.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Morning all,
Crazy busy and haven't been able to catch up, so hugs & kisses to all, w00ts and yays as appropriate.
Except I did see Clovia is writing again - w00t!!
And :partyguy: :partyguy: Kris!!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Funny, I've chewed out a lot of words today racing toward the hanky-panky stuff (also known as RST) and yet as soon as my characters actually start doing it, my writing will slow down to a crawl.

Because writing sex is hard. I think we've had this discussion in here recently, haven't we?
Pork chop!

As a writer I have many weaknesses, but I can write sex. Things which help are deciding exactly how graphic you must be before beginning the scene, and getting so deeply into the POV's head that it's hard to get out when the phone rings.

Mornin' folk!

Yesterday's tiny happy: My car has been driving a little wonky, and my mind had a list going of all the horrible, expensive things that could be wrong with it, starting with the transmission, and ending with a broken tie rod. (I honestly can't even tell you if my car has one of those, but I've heard it's a very bad thing to happen) I also knew my front tires were a little low on air, so last night, I hauled out the air compressor and aired them up some. Car drives perfectly fine now. Yay for cheap solutions!
Oh, that's excellent. And rare, too.

I have a picture of my Dad standing next to a Jackalope...
Hm, there should be pictures of a ten-year-old me next to a jackalope, but I don't think I've seen them since college. Wonder what became of them?

Today is The Kid's heavy work-load day, so of course it's also the day her computer should be ready for pick-up after a hard-drive failure. She leaves town tomorrow for a professional conference, and is either at work or going between the two jobs the entire time the computer repair place is open. Thank goodness for mommies, eh?

Maryn, who should probably get her act together

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Morning purgies!

Good luck with the sub, Lily!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.