Rejectomancy

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score
Form from Clarkesworld and less than five minutes later Shroud Quarterly as well...

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
10 day BCS. Shortest I've ever had from them, but I hope it's because they're just getting through them quickly atm rather than I'm getting worse :tongue

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
28 days personal from J.U. Entomology. Cut a few words in the second or third paragraph and sent it out again.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
66 rejection from Lore, but it was an encouraging, 'don't give up' personal R, so I'll try to take that to heart.

Zyrallus

Registered
Reaction score
Hope I'm not intruding. This just seems like a very cathartic practice.

1 day form from The Dark and maybe 2 hours form from Plasma Frequency.

StormChild

Registered
Reaction score
38-day form from Resurrection: XIII. Sent it out again to Unlikely Entomology.

Welcome, Zyrallus. There's plenty enough rejection to go around. :)

Zyrallus

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Zyrallus. There's plenty enough rejection to go around. :)

Thanks for the Welcome. :) And thanks to everyone else. This thread's been very reassuring. I'll be back as soon as more Rs filter in.

Last edited:

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody heard anything lately from Ares? I have a 100 day sub there and haven't gotten a reply to the query I sent. My first non-response rejection?

Melinda Moore

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody heard anything lately from Ares? I have a 100 day sub there and haven't gotten a reply to the query I sent. My first non-response rejection?

I sent a query a month ago and heard back the same day that my story was in the queue. I saw some responses this week from them for over 150 days. Mine is almost at 130.

Maybe you should query again?

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I'm at 164 days and counting at Ares :)

I think they've basically put subs on hold while they get the first issue ready.

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score
That makes sense I guess. I'm somewhat relieved that the rejection won't happen for a couple more months. Ha.

Batspan

My Religion is kindness -Dalai Lama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bathughes.wordpress.com
Welcome, Zyrallus -- I even check in here between rejections. The Grinder is another handy thing for making use of rejections -- the more people record their data, the better. And I often see AWer acceptances there. :)

Kaitlin Brianna

Registered
Reaction score
50 day form R from Apex. I never expected an acceptance, but after 50 days I admit I was hoping for a little more than a 2 sentence form.

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
52 day form R from EQMM for me. I think that one must have got lost in the slush pile, as I have had a higher tier R from EQMM, but not this time.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hope I'm not intruding. This just seems like a very cathartic practice.

It is definitely cathartic, and you are as welcome to post in the thread as anyone else! Welcome, and sorry about the rejections. Tally them up and throw yourself a party when you hit 50 or 100. :) In addition to my sales, I racked up hundreds of rejections last year and am shooting for a pretty solid number this year as well. They're just an unfortunate part of the process.

LolaVelo

Registered
Reaction score
Disappointing 78 day personal rejection from Nature's Futures. I don't take rejections very personally anymore (part of the process...) but this was a near miss and bummed me out.

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
Haven't had an R in a while - everything is at the anxiety-inducing point/middling and I feel like there'll be a deluge soon - but I did just send a new short to Clarkesworld so. That always guarantees some inbox action. :D

LolaVelo

Registered
Reaction score
On a happier note... I just realized I've gone over the 100 R mark (104 to be exact). I'm going to buy myself a present!