Not open for further replies.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning hounds :sword

I'm off to actually have my eyes tested today. Oh, the excitement, it never starts. :D

And where are these pics we've been promised. At this rate I may have to draw my own interpretation of Greg's finger, and we know that's not going to be nice.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I actually had blood drawn on Monday for an assortment of tests, just the general health check though, nothing exciting. (Though I can't help thinking it would be cool if they came back with an "unknown anomaly" in my blood)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
It's fun when you can get you're own back, eh Ted?

Good for you.

I went for my eye test. It's so high tech now I was able to see a picture of the back of my own eyeballs. it was pretty cool too. I'm back on Friday for reading glasses, which I assume are glasses to help me read rather than glasses that do the reading for me. :D

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Days off are good for the word count! I work all day, but I've got writing club tonight, and I am beyond psyched to throw my latest dead things story at my writerpals. While my whole group is spec fic, I'm the only one who likes things spooky and rotting.

Another aside, I made a Cemetery Dance order earlier today and I am feeling pretty dang happy.

And furthering the ramblings, at the new book store in town, they put the horror section in the back corner, in literally a shielded away/hidden alcove obscured from view with a shelf on agriculture and a notice that it was the horror section, like a quarantine zone or something. It makes me feel ever so slightly wicked to go into it.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
Trying to find a way to make my dark urban fantasy's prologue less whiny. Thinking of having my Gorgon help her heart-sick mother die. Not murder her, more of a slightly violent assisted suicide. Have hear shed tears as she burries her mom's body etc. Perfect amount of horror and angst.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ooo, sounds good Lillith.

I need a boost folks, my writing mojo has wandered off again. In fact, I seem to have a lifestyle that isn't built around the things I really want to do.

Hmm, sometimes I wonder about my lifestyle
(There are no prizes, and it's more sci-fi, but free virtual cake if you know where that's from)

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Anyone who wants a peek at it can have one. So if you want to see the first draft, just ask me. I'm feeling much better about this one. May even be able to complete it tonight.

Where's your muse gone Ali?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
No idea, I think it's my environment. It could be more, what's the word? writerly?

You know what else? And this is going to sound like I'm whining , but I'm not, honest. There's no one asking me 'hey, how's your latest story going? Or generally talking about writing, so there's no friendly reminder.

Last edited:

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
No idea, I think it's my environment. It could be more, what's the word? writerly?

You know what else? And this is going to sound like I'm whining , but I'm not, honest. There's no one asking me 'hey, how's your latest story going? Or generally talking about writing, so there's no friendly reminder.

How is your story going Ali? Anything on your mind about it? Oh, and may I offer my services as your personal pointy-stick-to-poke-you-with person? If that's what you need, I'm game to help.

Last edited:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Bless you sweetie, you are too kind. Just a nudge every wo or three days would help me I think. Sometimes I think about looking for alocal writing group but I'm not sure I coud take the pressure.

Currently I have an idea for a story. I got a load of books out of the library, they're all stacked on a table upstairs. Hopefully, getting the glasses tomorrow will allow me to crack them open without hurting my eyes anymore.

I have another idea sort of floating about. I'll let that float for now and then I have three stories - all short, that really need revising.

Ok, here's a concrete question you can deal with. If you were interviewing a God for a job (stick with me here), do you think Neptune or Odin would offer more story possibilities and potential twists? The story is only about 500 words.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hmmmm. Odin. Not only is he called the "All Father," he also sacrificed an eye for knowledge. He did all sorts of interesting things actually.

Neptune did some interesting things as well, but I prefer Odin. He led a more interesting life.

ION: I completed the first scene of my prologue for my Gorgon Novella. It's only 444 words, but I have another scene if not two to write in order to complete the prologue. Then I can log it in the first draft section of my novellas excell chart book. Yay!

Last edited:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

Oh, you need somebody to nag you? I can TOTALLY do that! Just ask my husband. And my kids. And my sisters.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Feel free to nag me to Junely! I tend to procrastinate like nobodys business with writing. :)

*puts on Annoying Mom hat*

Okay, ladies, have you done your writing for the day? I'm getting started on mine in about five minutes (eight o'clock). Surely if I can do it, so can you!

*crosses arms*
*taps foot impatiently*

Well, what are you doing still with the Horror Hounds? Get to work already!

:D

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yes, I have. I wrote a scene that's 444 words long, couldn't sleep most of last night and earlier this morning. My goal is to finish the prologue though and I have another scene to do at least before I call it done.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I just was attacked by a cool image. The heroine is talking with a little girl (who's also a very dangerous and unpredictable mage, like that kid in the Twilight Zone episode who can wish anything to happen), trying to persuade the girl to work with them. She is lured into playing a game of Go Fish with the girl. They keep talking as they play, and the girl says if Heroine wins, the girl will cooperate.

But the card keep changing. At first they're just the usual spades/clubs/hearts/diamonds. But then cards like the seven of skulls appears (it's black), or the jack of jesters (which is green) or the bishop of spades. They actually all change as you watch, morphing from one suit to the next. Makes it a little hard for our heroine to win. Which will make for a goodly bit of conflict until she figures out how to cope with it.

Problem: I've never actually played Go Fish. Maybe I should switch it to cribbage, which I have played (though I suck at it).

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Another image, same situation. The heroine isn't there alone; she brought her partner with her, another mage (she isn't a mage, she's a cat burglar; it's a long story). So while Heroine is playing cards, trying to get a handle on the chameleon suits, hero is exploring the little girl's rooms. And he finds a mirror that isn't behaving properly. There's a couple of dudes on the other side of the mirror, banging on the glass and shouting. They look like they're losing their minds. They also act like there's something in there with them, just out of sight, and very very dangerous/scary.

"Those two were bad men," says the little girl by way of explanation. "They broke in here and tried to make me go with them. I made them go away."

There's no way to get them out of the mirror.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks, cool images, Junely.

Nobody but writers seem to appreciate the Norse myths. Hollywood just butchers them for their own purposes.

Norse mythology rocks. I read them years before I read the Greek ones. The Greek stories seem so limp and lifeless by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.