Newbie saying "hi"

wordpainting3

Powered by bananas.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

It's not my usual thing to join forums and introduce myself but they do say to do one thing each day you aren't comfortable with, so I guess I can check that off my list!

I've dreamed of being a published author since I was young and remember typing away at an old-school computer with orange font. It was fun but I didn't have the foggiest idea where to start and the idea died and stayed dead for many years until a few years ago when I revived it.

I have been poking through books on writing since then and have gone through the typical struggles most probably go through as a beginner. I think I am figuring out some things about what works for me and I am planning on this year being a good one in terms of having a first draft completed. Wish me luck!

Undoubtedly I will pick up some good tips here. I look forward to being part of this community. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

footinmouth

Everybody wants to be a princess
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annalangford.blogspot.com
Welcome!

When I feel uncomfortable, I curl up in the fetal position. You could try it, it sometimes helps.

Best of luck with your first draft!

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! The journey begins! Which genre and age group are you planning to write?

Last edited:

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, and good luck finishing that first draft.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler! :welcome:

wordpainting3