Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Blackbird - The Beatles

This is for my brother Jon who I lost a year ago today. He taught me all about the Beatles and so many other great groups and musicians. He always had the best stereo equipment, and I'd sneak into his room, flipping through his stack of albums. Carefully, I'd place one on the turntable. When I was finished listening, I'd carefully put the album back in the same spot. Of course, he knew but never said anything.;)

RIP, Jon. I miss you.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Blackbird - The Beatles

This is for my brother Jon who I lost a year ago today. He taught me all about the Beatles and so many other great groups and musicians. He always had the best stereo equipment, and I'd sneak into his room, flipping through his stack of albums. Carefully, I'd place one on the turntable. When I was finished listening, I'd carefully put the album back in the same spot. Of course, he knew but never said anything.;)

RIP, Jon. I miss you.

What a wonderful song to remember a loved one by. :)

It's my favorite Beatles song. It never made sense to me, though, because blackbirds in the US don't sound that way. It wasn't until I was in Europe a few years ago, and heard them singing did the 'ah-hah' moment occur.

For you, Mclesh: Golden Slumbers