Rejectomancy

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
And one from DSF. Guess they're catching up.

Blah. I thought they'd like that one.

...and it's out the door again. So there.

Last edited:

faerydancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendastokes.com
Rejection for two poems came in tonight. Not sure where to send them now. Hmm. Time to put on my thinking cap.

Sorry about the R's Sammy and Annie!

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the R's, everyone :(

I just got one from DSF.
And after their totally standard R, right at the bottom, it said 'PS, This story made our second round.'

Isn't that nice of them to tell me?

I'm rather happy about that :)

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Sorry for the Rs Annie, Sammy and Lillie (though in the last case congrats on getting to the second round!).

Lillie

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

((((Faery)))) Sorry about Apex :(

Lillie

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, ((((hugs))))

I got one this morning, after more than 60 days. Ah well, Onward and upward.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about all the Rs, but congrats on second round Lillie!

JC Romel

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Got a very interesting rejection from Blink-Ink on their Noir issue just now. The editor said he remembered the story, he liked the story, but there just wasn't room in the edition for it, as the issue went over-budget as it was. Now, mind you, this wasn't an R, but a response to my query, so he asked for my mailing address so he could send me a comp copy of the issue.

I'm torn. It's a wonderfully polite response, and a very kind offer, but I almost feel he's offering me the chance to take his girlfriend out to a movie, if that makes sense. It's nice, it's pretty, but ultimately I ain't gettin' none.

Advice?

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Aww, that's nice of them though, JC. Sorry you didn't get into the issue, but there's hope you may get into future issues since the editor likes your writing.

*tries to put silver lining on the clouds*

And sorry about the rejections guys - a round of hugs to you all! :Hug2:

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
Got a very interesting rejection from Blink-Ink on their Noir issue just now. The editor said he remembered the story, he liked the story, but there just wasn't room in the edition for it, as the issue went over-budget as it was. Now, mind you, this wasn't an R, but a response to my query, so he asked for my mailing address so he could send me a comp copy of the issue.

Advice?

Bask in it. As rejections go, it's hard to beat. The editor remembering and liking your story and obviously feeling badly that it didn't fit in the overbudget issue, so much so that he's sending you a free copy of it--you made an impression.

Graciously accept the comp copy, enthusiastically accept it, and next time you have the chance to submit to this editor, thank him again in the cover letter to be sure he remembers it and you.

And send that story somewhere else ASAP!

Shelley

JC Romel

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Bask in it. As rejections go, it's hard to beat. The editor remembering and liking your story and obviously feeling badly that it didn't fit in the overbudget issue, so much so that he's sending you a free copy of it--you made an impression.

Graciously accept the comp copy, enthusiastically accept it, and next time you have the chance to submit to this editor, thank him again in the cover letter to be sure he remembers it and you.

And send that story somewhere else ASAP!

Shelley

Thanks, Shell. That's exactly what I'll do.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Still crickets. I have a story sitting with Nanoism that's been there 70 days. My next longest submission period with them was 13 days. Maybe they're taking a harder look at this one.

And I'm right on the cusp with DSF and GigaNotoSaurus. Bah.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
I am crickets and waiting patiently for a story that's been at a dream mag longer than any of my others. *sigh*