Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, in a town 20 minutes from here, a 15-year-old girl accidentally invited thousands of people to her sweet sixteen party.

...They all came.

There's riots going on, the riot squad is out there in full force, smoke bombs, you name it. :Wha:

What is going on with the world, guys?

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
What the... I don't even know whether that's scary, funny or just weird. I hope everyone's alright. Wow, 10s. Like... Accidentally invited how? I feel like if I accidentally invited 1000s of people to a b-day party I might get 50 show up :D

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
So I went down the pub and had a hot chocolate and a chocolate ice cream sundae with warm chocolate brownie chunks, chocolate sauce and whipped ice cream.

Hands up if you're jealous?

I think I just grew a third arm just to raise it into the air for this.

So, in a town 20 minutes from here, a 15-year-old girl accidentally invited thousands of people to her sweet sixteen party.

...They all came.

There's riots going on, the riot squad is out there in full force, smoke bombs, you name it. :Wha:

...how in the world do you "accidentally" invite thousands of people? :Wha:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What the... I don't even know whether that's scary, funny or just weird. I hope everyone's alright. Wow, 10s. Like... Accidentally invited how? I feel like if I accidentally invited 1000s of people to a b-day party I might get 50 show up :D

I believe it was via Facebook, she invited Friends and Friends of Friends. And people just ran with it. None of these people actually wanted to attend her party, they just showed up to eff with the girl, and the town.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I believe it was via Facebook, she invited Friends and Friends of Friends. And people just ran with it. None of these people actually wanted to attend her party, they just showed up to eff with the girl, and the town.

How bored are these people??

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

Now there's a rumor flying around that a girl died :e2bummed:

Wow that poor girl (the one that threw the party, hopefully not the same one who died).

This is why you don't set up parties via FB people.

Same sort of thing happened to one of my cousins. He did the classic, "Let's have a party while my parents are out of town" thing and way too many people came. Had the cops called on him and everything.

He thought he was so clever and was going to have the house cleaned up before his parents got home, but the place was so trashed he had no hope. Plus the police called his parents before they came home anyway. Needless to say, he was screwed.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Wow that poor girl (the one that threw the party, hopefully not the same one who died).

This is why you don't set up parties via FB people.

Same sort of thing happened to one of my cousins. He did the classic, "Let's have a party while my parents are out of town" thing and way too many people came. Had the cops called on him and everything. <snip>

Poor girl.

I never got this sort of thing. My parents always said, "If you're going to drink, do it here." We had a big old farm to party on, might as well do our partying where we didn't have to drive. My sister and her friends would go up onto one of the hills and build a bonfire for their partying. My friends and I preferred the summer kitchen. Either option were out of sight of parents, affording a measure of privacy.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Here's hoping it's only a rumour. Gods and goddesses. Even if no one's dead, she'll forever remember her birthday as the day everybody rioted and they briefly thought someone had died. Ach.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Poor girl.

I never got this sort of thing. My parents always said, "If you're going to drink, do it here." We had a big old farm to party on, might as well do our partying where we didn't have to drive. My sister and her friends would go up onto one of the hills and build a bonfire for their partying. My friends and I preferred the summer kitchen. Either option were out of sight of parents, affording a measure of privacy.

My parents house is small and boring so when I was a teen there wasn't much temptation to party like that. Plus I was completely convinced that my parents would find out. So I never even tried.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
My parents house is small and boring so when I was a teen there wasn't much temptation to party like that. Plus I was completely convinced that my parents would find out. So I never even tried.

And my parents' house is small and crowded. That's why we opted for the summer kitchen. There was light, there was a fire, there was running water, and it was far enough away from the house to let us get into mischief without too much parental interference. Though I would occasionally come outside to find my mom sitting on the front porch of the main house, watching the summer kitchen and laughing at our antics.

Again: we had our parents' permission, which was both good and bad. We weren't going to get into trouble, so that was good. The downside: having permission took some of the "we're getting away with something" fun out of it.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to hear your brother is ok. What is it with all the bomb threats lately? I mean really? That's what 5 in the last two weeks or so? I swear the crazy is spreading. *starts scrounging around for a crazy vaccine*

See I have this paranoid theory that the craziness spreading is a prelude to alien invasion. It is probably an RNA virus. Contagious, but it also rewrites our DNA to make in inheritable.

Why put out the effort of killing us off militarily, or destroying the world itself with an asteroid strike. Have us kill ourselves off, or weaken us to the point we can't fight back.

Should I put the tinfoil hat back on?:chair

Dammit, that was not meant to come off as rude as it looks now. It sounded so much better in my head.

Believe me, I am on intimate terms with this feeling.

So I went down the pub and had a hot chocolate and a chocolate ice cream sundae with warm chocolate brownie chunks, chocolate sauce and whipped ice cream.

Hands up if you're jealous?

I've eaten so much sugar that if you add yeast and barley I can probably brew into a beer no problem. There are no prizes for guessing what I'm doing next cantina chocolate Thursday. i will be sure to take the camera and photograph it for you. For the record himself had pancakes with ice cream and maple syrup.

Now, I know I need more hands, one for the cane, one for the bag, one for raising for being jealous, maybe two. See, no matter how you count it, I'm short.

...They all came.

See my above theory about alien invasion...

If you figure out how to grow a third arm, or better yet, a fourth, so you balance, let me know. I'll pay.

And my parents' house is small and crowded. That's why we opted for the summer kitchen. There was light, there was a fire, there was running water, and it was far enough away from the house to let us get into mischief without too much parental interference. Though I would occasionally come outside to find my mom sitting on the front porch of the main house, watching the summer kitchen and laughing at our antics.

Again: we had our parents' permission, which was both good and bad. We weren't going to get into trouble, so that was good. The downside: having permission took some of the "we're getting away with something" fun out of it.

We got the basement. Since two of the bedrooms and a family room were down there. There was no explicit permission. My parents just never went down there, like, ever. I thought for years that they were just oblivious. It took me a while to figure out that they knew what they were doing. By then I was old enough to drink and wasn't nearly as much fun anymore.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The idleness of the vacations is driving me insane, I was half tempted to go to the Cracked.Com writer's workshop or make video reviews a la Nostalgia Critic.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
We got the basement. Since two of the bedrooms and a family room were down there. There was no explicit permission. My parents just never went down there, like, ever. I thought for years that they were just oblivious. It took me a while to figure out that they knew what they were doing. By then I was old enough to drink and wasn't nearly as much fun anymore.

Funny story regarding that sort of situation.

The summer kitchen had no television, so if we wanted to watch a movie, we had to go to the main house. So one night, me, all three of my sisters, my best friend, his brother, and about three more boys were piled into my bedroom to watch a movie. We had smuggled a case of beer into the room, and were sitting in the dark, drinking, giggling, watching this cheesy vampire flick. Umm, did I mention we were all underage?

Suddenly my dad shouts from the front room. "Russell! Come here!" (Russ was my best friend's brother). He goes in and stands beside my dad's wheelchair. Poor kid was shaking, sure we were busted.

"Yes, sir?" he says.

"You guys in there drinking beer?" my dad says.

"Uhh... yes, sir," said Russ. He actually squeaked when he spoke.

"Bring me a beer," said my dad.

Dad got his beer. My friends nearly crapped themselves over the exchange. And we never thought we were getting away with that sort of thing ever ever again.

The final kicker? My dad didn't really drink. Maybe one beer every month. He was just doing it to show he knew what we were up to.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score

...They all came.

Sounds like that stupid movie The X Project.

That's how you know it's a party!

Yes, I know I'm a terrible person.
:flamethrower

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
This is random, but I really can never get how different my voice actually sounds from how I always thought it sounded. It's really weird hearing what sounds like a totally different person speaking when I record myself.

There's a scientific reason for that. Everyone thinks they sound funny when they hear their voices played back to them.

Oh, it drives me crazy, too. To everyone else, I have a very feminine soprano speaking voice. In my head, it's deeper, cooler and probably more authoritative.
I'm fairly certain I know what my voice sounds like when recorded.

The thing I have to worry about is the other people that come out when I'm recording...

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain I know what my voice sounds like when recorded.

The thing I have to worry about is the other people that come out when I'm recording...

I think you have a great voice, Ace. And I have enjoyed your characters thus far. You and Ault are the only reason I've ever tuned in to the Gaia's Voyage audio drama, which, excepting the performances of the two of you, is an execrable piece of blech.

Status
Not open for further replies.