Neoterism November 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
:applauds all progress:

Thanks, muse and lizmonster!

Nothing yesterday b/c we went Christmas shopping and I was hurting and exhausted afterwards. But today I'll be getting back to it.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
278 words and each one of them hurt!:e2hammer:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Nothing yesterday b/c we went Christmas shopping and I was hurting and exhausted afterwards. But today I'll be getting back to it.

Sorry about the pain. I hope the shopping was fun, at least.

278 words and each one of them hurt!:e2hammer:

Hooray to you for getting them out!

I wrote 2012 words yesterday. Finished my ending. It's rough and clumsy, but it does end in the right place, I think. Now to write the in-between stuff!

Except tonight I plan on writing ZERO. It's become a compulsion, those 2K words, and I think I need to break the pattern before I totally burn out.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well done, lizmonster!!!!

I hurt my back today. :( I took some strong stuff and it feels a bit better, but I'm loopy as heck. So we'll see how I feel later for writing.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Sorry to hear about your back, Saoirse, hope you're feeling better. :Hug2:

Not a lot of words over the holiday, too stuffed on Thursday to do anything but sleep! Finally did get some words today though, and hope to get more. Count right now is 577. Working on a tough scene and it's slow going, lots of dialog.

Great wordage, everyone. Keep it up. :D

*new post on LOD - http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171530&page=103

Scroll down. :D

ETA: Got another 771 for a grand total of 1248 words for the day! Also wrapped up another chapter! :D

Addendum: 362 more words this afternoon on the next chapter. Total today, thus far, 1610 words!

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Argh, Saoirse, back pain is the worst. I hope it improves soon.

TREMENDOUS, Ken! Although I have to say, from your Lines of the Day, it sounds like Kelli is getting herself in some trouble...

I did another 2366 today, so I think the day off did me good. Of course, the procrastination machine is kicking into high gear - I'm starting to think about a prequel short story. BECAUSE THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I NEED WHEN I'M TRYING TO GET OUT A FIRST DRAFT. :crazy::rolleyes:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
TREMENDOUS, Ken! Although I have to say, from your Lines of the Day, it sounds like Kelli is getting herself in some trouble...

Not a bad day, but considering that was after 3 days of no writing...

Yes, she is definitely getting in deep, but then she wouldn't be Kelli if she didn't.

I did another 2366 today, so I think the day off did me good. Of course, the procrastination machine is kicking into high gear - I'm starting to think about a prequel short story. BECAUSE THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I NEED WHEN I'M TRYING TO GET OUT A FIRST DRAFT. :crazy::rolleyes:

Awesome wordage!

Sounds like you need to throw a wrench into the Procrastination machine. Finish the first draft, then focus on the prequel.

I tried to work on NaNo and that lasted a little more than a week before Kelli got pissed and threatened to kick my butt if I didn't focus on her story. (She scares me sometime.) :flag:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great wordage everyone. And glad your back is feeling better, Saoirse.

I am still verbally constipated - pushed out 376 words over the weekend.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Actually got some writing done today, hope for more later as it's getting intense! Not a huge number, but 664 words is nothing to sneeze at either. Brings the WIP total to 17626 words! :D Less than 400 and it will be at 18k. Still a long way to go, but the plot is running smoothly. Wish I could say the same for Kelli's life.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Excellent, Ken!

muse - I've had bouts of that, too. But it's still progress!

754 words today. I may need to sit down and figure out a few things before moving on. Things are happening slightly faster than I'd planned.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Yay, everyone!

I envy you all. I have zero words for the day, thanks to having to work late and being subsequently too punchy to think straight.

Did receive some more beta feedback today - just read a little, but so far it jibes with a lot of what I've been thinking, so that's encouraging! The hard part will be not using it as an excuse to procrastinate on my current WIP. :D

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No procrastinating allowed, Liz.:whip:

Well, except for me. My character won't do what they're told. My WIP should be finished by now but they keep throwing me curve balls.:rant:

I'm refusing to speak to them until they all behave.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
No procrastinating allowed, Liz.:whip:

Well, except for me. My character won't do what they're told. My WIP should be finished by now but they keep throwing me curve balls.:rant:

I'm refusing to speak to them until they all behave.

I learned a long time ago that a character is going to do it their way, and you just have to go with the flow. I fought Kelli for the longest time because she didn't want to do things my way. I finally figured out that this was never going to happen and now we have a great working relationship, and more importantly, the books are getting written. :D

Last edited:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
663 today. Sincerely doubt I'll manage NaNo, since my total is, well, about 663, but I have written the prologue and opening to the new draft, which I have struggled with for weeks now. So not so bothered about the low word count.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Zelenka, given your recent disruptions, I think that's a word count you can be proud of.

Muse, ignoring won't do it. They will come after you. In your dreams if they have to. THEY KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE.

I learned a long time ago that a character is going to do it their way, and you just have to go with the flow. I fought Kelli for the longest time because she didn't want to do things my way. I finally figured out that this was never going to happen and now we have a great working relationship, and more importantly, the books are getting written. :D

My MC has been going on at some length these days. He's kind of angry and depressed, so I'm letting him vent. I figure he doesn't need to know how much of it will be cut in edits.

I managed 2884 today, and hit the end of an Interminable Chapter, yay! Tomorrow: More plot. Maybe I'll have some explosions.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Got up at 5:30 this morning and managed minor amendments to two chapters, and 470 words of a new chapter.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Glad to hear the headache is gone, Saoirse, and you're back at it.

Busy day at the day job yesterday, so sadly, no words on the WIP. Today however is a different day and thus far I have a whopping 649 words! :hooray: (Shooting for 1k or more.)

It's getting intense!

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

In other words, you gave in and Kelli won.:tongue

Great word count today. Go you.

Zelenka - YAY! on the prologue and opening.

Liz - congrats on the words. And yes, definitely throw in an explosion (or two;))

Shara - :Clap:

Saoirse - :Hug2:

I've decided to bribe my characters with chocolate. They're still not behaving, but I don't mind. I likes chocolate.:evil

Last edited:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
In other words, you gave in and Kelli won.:tongue

Great word count today. Go you.

I've decided to bribe my characters with chocolate. They're still not behaving, but I don't mind. I likes chocolate.:evil

Of course she won, she's the one with the gun.

See, I can't bribe Kelli with chocolate. I have to bribe her with things like a new bullet proof vest, a new Glock or Sig Sauer, and once I even bribed her with box of hollow point bullets. Who says diamonds are a girls best friend?

Update on WC. Just wrapped up the chapter with an additional 255 words for a total of 904 this morning. WIP total is now at 18524 words. Onward and upward!

ETA: Wrapped up another chapter and started the next. Added another 617 words to the WIP. Today's total, 1521 words. :D WIP total is now 19067!!!!

Last edited:

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Just dropped by today to cheer every on! My daughter went homeless after a rapid sell of her house before her and hubby began building a new dream home. Her new main abode is at the in-laws, but my one year old grand daughter seems to need babysitting duties performed. So, a couple of days a week have fallen into to my hands (been three days this week). That, and hauling stuff here and there for storage have definitely bitten into any type of wordage. Gonna take some adjusting and time management (neither of which I handle well) to get back on track.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
According to Scrivener I did 1,376 today, but it's counts are a bit weird since I'm working outwith the actual manuscript (since I'm only rewriting certain chapters). Still trying to get this first main chapter right.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Beginning the final push for NaNoWriMo now. Only about 15,500 words to go before Friday night midnight. No problem, right? Sigh...

I was hoping to avoid the sprint after last year, but events conspired against me. I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off, so it's doable. Now to make my characters cooperate. Or threaten them. That works, too.

Good luck to everyone on reaching their goals!

:Sun: