Braggage III

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
In what rounds off the best week of my writing life so far, not only have I had an offer of agent rep for my novel, but I have sold my 7000 word story 'Alan Roscoe's Change of Heart' to SH0CK TOTEM.

It's in my personal top 3 dark markets so utterly delighted. :) :) Thanks to Rebecca (withturtle) and Alicia for looking at this and offering helpful comments.

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Alex. 'Only' the second long story they've accepted? Lol. You slacker!

I got an acceptance from EDF for a newly revised older story. Happy about that :)

Congrats! Nice job getting that old story back out there.

And continued congrats to PD for his offer of rep.

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
It's now officially a Very Good Week for me too, with an acceptance from Nature Mag's Futures feature. My first pro rate publication! :D

Edited: Forgot to say, thanks to Dani and Fihr for really helpful comments on this story. It changed a lot after those comments, and was accepted at the market I had in mind when I wrote it. It's so nice to know that can happen!

Last edited:

Melinda Moore

Registered
Reaction score
It's now officially a Very Good Week for me too, with an acceptance from Nature Mag's Futures feature. My first pro rate publication! :D

Edited: Forgot to say, thanks to Dani and Fihr for really helpful comments on this story. It changed a lot after those comments, and was accepted at the market I had in mind when I wrote it. It's so nice to know that can happen!

Way to go! Many congratulations.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats PD on the Shock Totem sale in addition to your agent rep! Hope you are celebrating both milestones!

And Aislinn - I'm thrilled to hear about your Nature acceptance - such great news! And a pro market, too!

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score

Congrats on your first pro sale, Aislinn!:partyguy:

gringo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
nmwhitley.com
First of all, congratulations especially to Aislinn and PD as well as any others I may have missed recently.

Secondly, it gives me great pleasure to announce that a story of mine ("Hacking 'Wilkes-Barre PA, May 2001'") has been accepted for publication in an upcoming volume of Third Flatiron Publishing's anthology series (title TBA).

Whoop-whoop, etc.!